Reload this Page >

UK £'s to Aussie $'s best rate

UK £'s to Aussie $'s best rate

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 10:32 am
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road
Default UK £'s to Aussie $'s best rate

All
I thought I would share an experience with you, my family and I are moving to Sydney lock stock and two smoking as they say in 8 days time and last week we traded the capital from our house on the forwards market with a company called Secure Currencies Ltd. We were able to work with one of the directors Mr. Phil. Keane tel no 01689 860007. I would highly recommend them for the following reasons. 1) I got a better forwards rate than with HIFX or HSBC 2) they are smaller than the other two and therefore they are able to offer a real personal service. What I mean by this is that they do not just send yesterday's figures by mail which are out of date when you get them anyway, they advise on activity which will effect the market and advise the usual plus or minus trend associated with this and key market movements are advised by phone if you get a good relationship going. I got $2.6640 for a trade in mid July. At worst case I would say give them a go as well, a great service.
Gary and Terri

Last edited by Gary / Terri; Jun 23rd 2004 at 10:36 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 11:47 am
Gary / Terri

Default Re: UK £'s to Aussie $'s best rate

Thanks for the Pm's advising you have been in contact I trust all goes well for you too.
Gary and Terri
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

can I just ask you what form of warranty you have to ensure the fund gets to the other end?

cheers
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunny spells
can I just ask you what form of warranty you have to ensure the fund gets to the other end?

cheers
Possibly less with a private limited company compared to a public limited company? The rate has fallen 3 or 4 cents since this morning - $2.6125 at 1.00 pm and the dealer at HIFX thought perhaps heading towards high $2.50's. Apparently all you British Expats taking advantage of the good rates have affected the rate - no a bit of corporate profit taking.

OzTennis
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:08 am
Gary / Terri

With regard to the safe guards we all need a differnt level therefore I would advise calling them and asing the question toget the detail you need....it's just another string to your bow when considering currency change.
Gary and Terri
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:03 pm
Gary / Terri

Oz Tennis
they cannot still be inundated with expats wanting good rates it must go back up again soon

Gary + Terri
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jetsetter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gary / Terri
Oz Tennis
they cannot still be inundated with expats wanting good rates it must go back up again soon

Gary + Terri

expat fx dealings will have virtually no impact on the fx rate.
It's more down to economic factors such as interest rates, growth, inflation & commodities etc.
It was 2.30 a couple of months ago so maybe people in Oz are waiting for it to 'come back down' Depends which side of the fence you're sitting.

jet
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:38 am
Gary / Terri

Jet
I think it was a little tongue in cheek from ABC Diamond, I think we all know its economic factors, the only reason I mention his company is because they do give a sligtly better rate it maybe small but every lttle bit helps in my opinion.

Gary and Terri

Last edited by Gary / Terri; Jun 29th 2004 at 8:41 am.