Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Typographical error on Birth certificate

Typographical error on Birth certificate

Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

pearldiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Typographical error on Birth certificate

We are about to lodge our application to DIAC and we have noticed that my wife's maiden name in here birth certificate is miss spelled. Is there a way we could fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:10 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Typographical error on Birth certificate

I would say return it to the issuing body, try ringing them first - after our son was born (in Australia) there was some errors on his birth cert and it was sent back and new one issued with correct details, no problems
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Typographical error on Birth certificate

Do get it sorted before you apply as they can be sticklers for detail here. I had hassle with the RTA getting my drivers license as my UK one doesn't have my middle name on it, and obviously my passport does. The guy was more or less suggesting that my UK license wasn't valid as it didn't have my "correct" name on it.