Reload this Page >

TVs etc. from europe to Oz..

TVs etc. from europe to Oz..

Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Silver Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TVs etc. from europe to Oz..

Hi,
Does anyone know if I can bring my tv, dvd/cd/video players, food blenders, pc etc. from Europe to Oz and they will work? (they all work in UK and Holland).
Many thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TVs etc. from europe to Oz..

Originally Posted by Silver Smith
Hi,
Does anyone know if I can bring my tv, dvd/cd/video players, food blenders, pc etc. from Europe to Oz and they will work? (they all work in UK and Holland).
Many thanks for any advice.
To answer your questions 1 by 1:

TV - Maybe - newer TV's are generally OK, see if yours supports PAL B/G. If not, you won't get any sound but could use it as a display only.

DVD - yes, but if it's not multi-region it won't play Ozzy DVDs (the're R4 we're R2). Having said that it may be hackable to allow multi-region.

CD - yes, no problems there.

Video - Again as with the TV, if it supports PAL B/G then your OK. If not you can use it to show any UK videos you may have, or buy one in Oz. But ask yourself if you still want videos anymore since recordable DVDs are so cheap now. You may find it's not worth bothering with anymore, so maybe just take it and use it for any old videos you already have.

Food Blender - yes, no problems there.

PC - yes, but if you have a CRT screen the image will be slightly skewed (north\south hemisphere issue) but you can usually adjust this (depends on monitor). TFTs are not affected.

You will obviously require new Ozzy plugs on everything!

Hope this helps
Philip