tv and pc

Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:24 am
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road
Question tv and pc

could you advise me on the best way to get the sound on my jvc tv do you need to get them chipped as similar to phones
also pc screen has a ring like haze in top left corner any ideas to on ow to resolve this
thanks andy
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:44 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Re: tv and pc

Regarding PC, maybe the monitor is to close to some speakers? This often causes distortion.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJ100
could you advise me on the best way to get the sound on my jvc tv do you need to get them chipped as similar to phones
also pc screen has a ring like haze in top left corner any ideas to on ow to resolve this
thanks andy
Hardly much information to go on here!

If you are talking about a UK TV being used in Oz, the sound system is slightly different even thought they both use PAL. Either you would need a new TV, a mod to the JVC - perhaps a different setting? - or a cheap VCR which would have an Oz tuner. Best would be to get a set top box and go digital!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

thanks andy

What is most likeley to be wrong with th monitor is exposure to a magnetic field, your monitor should have a degause setting that will reverse this problem, however as someelse has suggested keep the monitor away from magnets or speakers as speakers has large iron magnets in the back of them to drive the cone and realy can badly damage a TV or a monitor.

GreaTea :
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:43 am
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GreenTea
What is most likeley to be wrong with th monitor is exposure to a magnetic field, your monitor should have a degause setting that will reverse this problem, however as someelse has suggested keep the monitor away from magnets or speakers as speakers has large iron magnets in the back of them to drive the cone and realy can badly damage a TV or a monitor.

GreaTea :
the tv is a jvc but when tuned in on auto tune only get 3 channels, sure there was more rubbish channels to choose from any ideas on how to get the others.
thanks for info on sound will get a digi box at the weekend

thanks
andy
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a northern hemisphere monitor being used in the southern hemisphere problem

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/...emispheres.asp
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:14 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Sounds like a northern hemisphere monitor being used in the southern hemisphere problem

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/...emispheres.asp
I would bet that this is another hoary Urban Myth!

The earth's field is a tiny fraction of the fields generated all over a house, it has "dip" which changes from 0' to 90' depending where you are and in any case varies in relation to the orientation of the CRT. I don't buy this one!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:35 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

On BE is a forum called 'The Lab', in it lurks strange people who feed on technical problems. We try to keep them out of the other forums by keeping them busy with technical problems in their binary world.

Try posting this problem there and help keep BE a safer place for the rest of you . . .

thanks andy
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:43 pm

MONITOR:
Your PC monitor has come in contact with an electro-magnetic field or been banged during shipment. The phosphor is no longer aligned. This is easily fixed by using a degaussing coil. Luckily one is built in to your monitor. Every time you power cycle (turn on or off) the monitor the degaussing coil fires.
Simple turn on the monitor, then unplug it for a couple of minutes, power it back on. Repeat until fixed.
One of my monitors did the same when it got to the US. It took 4 or 5 power on and offs to fix.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degaussing

TV:
Unless your television is a multisystem model that supports the Australian
"PAL B/G" standard it will not work.
Australia uses the PAL B/G format while the UK uses PAL I. This means
that if you turn on your television you will get pictures but no sound.
To solve simply use a digi-box instead, then you can use the phono out from the digi-box (satellite, cable etc - anything that offers sound through phono cables will work just fine).
You may be able to get your TV modified, but if you plan to get a digi-box then don't bother.

see this article:
http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/tv.php

thanks andy
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:29 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks andy
Jeez, what a load of rubbish answers for the TV.
Just buy an aussie $49 video or DVD player that has a tuner.
Tune your TV to that device and watch the rubbish channels that way.
You will get sound no problem - though you will probably regret it!
Your top box will get sound no problem

Andrew
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:37 pm

Unless the video has phono leads then it won't work. The modulator is going to generate a signal for an aussie TV, which we already know doesn't work with the OP's TV.

So, as suggested, anything that has sound out through phono leads will work . . . . . .

Originally Posted by andrew63
Jeez, what a load of rubbish answers for the TV.
Just buy an aussie $49 video or DVD player that has a tuner.
Tune your TV to that device and watch the rubbish channels that way.
You will get sound no problem - though you will probably regret it!
Your top box will get sound no problem

Andrew