Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trying to call my mate in Oz on his mobile?

Trying to call my mate in Oz on his mobile?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:14 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Trying to call my mate in Oz on his mobile?

Hello,

I am trying to call a mate on his mobile in Brisbane, but without luck, i have the number of the phone.

Do you have to put the country number in first "0061" then put in the "7" then put in the mobile number, or

Just put in the "0061" then the mobile?

Or is there some secret special method you use for different providers/operators?

Cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to call my mate in Oz on his mobile?

Mobile numbers start with 04 so for 04XX XXX XXX you should dial 00614XX XXX XXX
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forkandknife
Hello,

I am trying to call a mate on his mobile in Brisbane, but without luck, i have the number of the phone.

Do you have to put the country number in first "0061" then put in the "7" then put in the mobile number, or

Just put in the "0061" then the mobile?

Or is there some secret special method you use for different providers/operators?

Cheers
All mobile numbers in Australia start with 04.

Landlines start with 02, 03, 07 and 08.

So when dialling a number, you would not put in the "7". Just drop the leading "0".

Bear in mind the cost to dial a mobile will probably be a lot higher than to dial a landline, so you may wish to restrict the call to finding out the nearest landline number and calling that instead.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:39 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ
All mobile numbers in Australia start with 04.

Landlines start with 02, 03, 07 and 08.

So when dialling a number, you would not put in the "7". Just drop the leading "0".

Bear in mind the cost to dial a mobile will probably be a lot higher than to dial a landline, so you may wish to restrict the call to finding out the nearest landline number and calling that instead.

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Mobile numbers start with 04 so for 04XX XXX XXX you should dial 00614XX XXX XXX

Cheers Gentlemen, i am not dropping the "0", i have now got it, cheers!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by forkandknife
Cheers Gentlemen, i am not dropping the "0", i have now got it, cheers!
Yep, the 0's optional on modern exchanges.