Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trouble finding flights that you can book 12 months in advance, any ideas? :S

Trouble finding flights that you can book 12 months in advance, any ideas? :S

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

JoeyTurnbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trouble finding flights that you can book 12 months in advance, any ideas? :S

Hey guys,

Im blessing myself with 12 months in the mighty Oz starting from the end of Nov '10, however im finding it difficult to book flights with the return date being 12 months later im assuming these hard to find flights actually exist?! being that alot of people do travel to Oz among other countries for this period of time..? any help would be much apreciated and any extra advice on possible living arrangements! i hear obviously youth hostels etc can be used for cheap accomodation and a great way to meet people, how about more permanent things such as house sharing with some Oz students etc? anyone have any experience in this?!

Hope to see you all across there!! Gud'day

/Joe
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trouble finding flights that you can book 12 months in advance, any ideas? :S

Try speaking to a real person rather that just on -line searches. They can often help with requests that go beyond the search parameters.

Also will be cheaper to book a return as one way cost about the same!! but make sure you pay a bit extra for the return leg to be flexible - just in case
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

JoeyTurnbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trouble finding flights that you can book 12 months in advance, any ideas? :S

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Try speaking to a real person rather that just on -line searches. They can often help with requests that go beyond the search parameters.

Also will be cheaper to book a return as one way cost about the same!! but make sure you pay a bit extra for the return leg to be flexible - just in case
Thanks for the advice and I will be going to a travel agent later this week, unfortunately I have tried this today with a local agency and they were pretty useless to say the least! hopefully going to a bigger agency will shed a little bit more light! Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeyTurnbull
Thanks for the advice and I will be going to a travel agent later this week, unfortunately I have tried this today with a local agency and they were pretty useless to say the least! hopefully going to a bigger agency will shed a little bit more light! Thanks
Generally flights can't be booked more than 12 months ahead. Some airlines will do an open ticket, where you provide the date later. Some classes of ticket can be booked as date-changeable, so you book any old date now, then change it when the flights you want are released
Easiest way is to talk to a travel agent or direct to an airline and explain what you want to do. You won't be able to book that far ahead online, and you will need to ensure your ticket class enables you to make changes.