Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax Return using Payslips - No Group Certificate

Tax Return using Payslips - No Group Certificate

Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:29 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax Return using Payslips - No Group Certificate

OK,

It looks like they have fl00ked up, not sure whether this certificate thing will ever grace the door mat?

A question, she had nine pay dates in total, so..................we have all the payslips. I have used these payslips to input the data into an Excel spread sheet.

So in the spread sheet we have Gross pay, Net pay, and Tax paid. I took a screen dump of the Excel spread sheet and attached to this little post of mine.

Can i use this data instead of the group certificate so to input the data into the e-tax online software to get the repayment of tax she is owed? Am i doing anything wrong, breaking the law.

The data is 100% correct, just from the payslips instead of the group certificate?

Cheers medears Keith
Attached Thumbnails Tax Return using Payslips -  No Group Certificate-1.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:42 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Return using Payslips - No Group Certificate

you could use your spreadsheet...but you'll need to 100% accurate as the figures you submit will have to be identical to the group certificate her employer sends to the ATO otherwise you could be up for an audit.

by the way - your employer has to give you a group certificate by law within 2 weeks of the new tax year or they could get in the poo with the ATO if they find out. I'd give the payroll dept a call & kick em up the ass...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the e-tax program it downloads your group certificate details I think?
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:05 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
you could use your spreadsheet...but you'll need to 100% accurate as the figures you submit will have to be identical to the group certificate her employer sends to the ATO otherwise you could be up for an audit.

by the way - your employer has to give you a group certificate by law within 2 weeks of the new tax year or they could get in the poo with the ATO if they find out. I'd give the payroll dept a call & kick em up the ass...
Cheers old boy.

The payslip cannot lie? I have checked and re-checked, i have even built in fool proofing in my spread sheet by way of totals, so these match totals on the final payslip.

I then put in two zero sums in two boxes and did a minus from the following figure of the previous figure to get the current figure for the two zero boxes using Excel formula's. Still the same result using Excel which matches all the payslips and totals on payslips.

If the group certificate is different, well it is wrong. As a payslip cannot lie?

Keith The Excel wizrd of Oz
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fish.01
If you use the e-tax program it downloads your group certificate details I think?

No Luck Qld Health are Numpties with a capital N

Keith
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
No Luck Qld Health are Numpties with a capital N

Keith
Oh, the qld health payroll system...count herself lucky she have income to declare

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 26th 2010 at 1:27 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can also fill in a stat dec: http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/16023.htm
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Assume she has emailed pay dept asking for a copy as this is normally first step.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fish.01
Oh, the qld health payroll system...count herself lucky she have income to declare

Fish cheers mate

I am going to fill it in using the data from the payslips, there is only nine, even Qld Health cannot mess that up surely?

If she gets an audit, she has nothing to hide, i mean its on a public forum.............Surely you input the nine figures, the software outputs tax owed, makes comparisons to tax already paid, then outputs a final tax owed/repaid amount?

Eastpeasylemonsqueasy?Keith
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Go for it Keith, do the tax return based on your sums.

By the way, you were great as the wicked Uncle Ernie in "Tommy".
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by killerhales
Go for it Keith, do the tax return based on your sums.

By the way, you were great as the wicked Uncle Ernie in "Tommy".
Cheers bud............

I ain't really the Moon, but tonite, well me kidneys are killin me, had a mad few days, too old for livin like a 20something.................shragged.............. .. its the lifesyle here in Blighty,..............thanks for all help! Too much cheap liquor!

R.I.P Ales Higgins.............an absolute legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:32 am
ABCDiamond

Fish cheers mate

I am going to fill it in using the data from the payslips, there is only nine, even Qld Health cannot mess that up surely?

If she gets an audit, she has nothing to hide, i mean its on a public forum.............Surely you input the nine figures, the software outputs tax owed, makes comparisons to tax already paid, then outputs a final tax owed/repaid amount?

Eastpeasylemonsqueasy?Keith
I agree with everything except even Qld Health cannot mess that up surely?

Lodge it with your figures, and you can explain later if need be, but I doubt there will be difficulties once QLD health payroll system is mentioned.

Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:33 am
ABCDiamond

It looks like they have fl00ked up
QLD health... understatement of the year

Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
QLD health... understatement of the year
too right, they'd be hard put to flook it up any more than they have already.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:15 pm
Banned

Help,

I am stuck............................It will not recognise Ms M, so when i go to lodge, it fails the validation process, says the records do not match?

Whats worse i cannot print it off..no printer, how do i get the 12 pages to open up on the library PC, so i can print them off?

The etax document, what will it generically open with so to make it transportable?

Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.