Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trolls are getting worried

Trolls are getting worried

Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

gottogo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trolls are getting worried

Has anyone noticed the almost manic increase in posts from PB, Dotty etc. Could it be they are losing their battle to dissuade all of us to emigrate? Smacks of desperation to me!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trolls are getting worried

Originally posted by gottogo
Has anyone noticed the almost manic increase in posts from PB, Dotty etc. Could it be they are losing their battle to dissuade all of us to emigrate? Smacks of desperation to me!

The sort of stuff PB is posting recently makes less sense than usual I think he is worrying about his move back home to UK
posting pathetic cut and pastes that have little or no relevance
to the original thread.
Sad really.

Example;
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...919#post914919
Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Panj is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, is it just me or is this last one merely sinking to a level lower than those you wish to denigrate?

I for one disagree with a lot of the opinions of these posters, but I am grateful for the facts and well researched opinions that they present to us "dreamers". I do get irritated when they dress up their opinions as incontrovertable fact. Also (and some posters are worse at this than others!) when anyone disagreeing with an opinion is totally wrong and labeled a worthless dreamer. Disagreeing with their facts should require backing up what you've said, disagreeing with their opinions is perhaps fair game. What I think is unforgiveable however is resorting to insults and arguments which ever side of the "Oz is rubbish/Oz is great" devide you reside on.

I once heard, "a discussion is an exchange of knowledge, and an argument is an exchange of ignorance". How about we try and keep this a "discussion forum" and not an "argument forum"?

I'm not normally this pompous by the way!

:lecture:
Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:41 pm
owieb

Originally posted by Panj
Sorry, is it just me or is this last one merely sinking to a level lower than those you wish to denigrate?

I for one disagree with a lot of the opinions of these posters, but I am grateful for the facts and well researched opinions that they present to us "dreamers". I do get irritated when they dress up their opinions as incontrovertable fact. Also (and some posters are worse at this than others!) when anyone disagreeing with an opinion is totally wrong and labeled a worthless dreamer. Disagreeing with their facts should require backing up what you've said, disagreeing with their opinions is perhaps fair game. What I think is unforgiveable however is resorting to insults and arguments which ever side of the "Oz is rubbish/Oz is great" devide you reside on.

I once heard, "a discussion is an exchange of knowledge, and an argument is an exchange of ignorance". How about we try and keep this a "discussion forum" and not an "argument forum"?

I'm not normally this pompous by the way!

:lecture:
Well said!

Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:45 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Just to stir things up a bit:

Has anyone else noticed that posts like the ones above are often written by people as their first post on the forum? Or if not then they do not post very often but seem remarkably up to date with some of the conversations that have gone on.

I can't help but think that people have created a new identity so that they remain anonymous to the people they are slagging off.....? Anyone agree?

Mel
Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed you are correct - we should back up what we say with facts:

Here is one of Dotty's well researched opinions:

"Poor Kylie, imagine if she had not left OZ ten years ago.

10 years of stuffing sausages, eating KFC, stuffing Big Macs down every friday night going out with Dazza from Burpengary and watching AFL while downing the odd carton with Dazzas mates, wonder how she'd be looking now"

Here is a fact - Australian Women do hate Dotty.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Panj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
Just to stir things up a bit:

Has anyone else noticed that posts like the ones above are often written by people as their first post on the forum? Or if not then they do not post very often but seem remarkably up to date with some of the conversations that have gone on.

I can't help but think that people have created a new identity so that they remain anonymous to the people they are slagging off.....? Anyone agree?

Mel

I do hope you are not refering to me! Yes I am up to date as I have been reading into this site for about 2 months now. I have however only just decided to stick my head above the parapet get registered and start posting! Not that I have any valid opinions of course having only spent a 2 wk holiday in NZ so what do I know!!?