Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trinity Beach, Cairns

Trinity Beach, Cairns

Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trinity Beach, Cairns

I'm looking at a property at Trinty Beach, Cairns. It's in the Bluewater Estate which is a couple of minutes from the beach.

Seems like a nice area. Anyone know anything about it?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trinity Beach, Cairns

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm looking at a property at Trinty Beach, Cairns. It's in the Bluewater Estate which is a couple of minutes from the beach.

Seems like a nice area. Anyone know anything about it?
I was told there was quite a bit of trouble there when we were booking our holiday.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:04 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

We are living at Trinity Beach at the moment, lovely place to live. Blue Water estate is pretty exclusive far as I can tell, they are building man made water ways so residents can moor their boats next to the house, some blocks without moorings will be cheaper. Another new development which is nearer the actual beach is the Blue Lagoon, it has apartments and also building blocks located around small lake.

Don't anything about any 'trouble' always seems tranquil to me

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Nov 28th 2007 at 10:11 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I was told there was quite a bit of trouble there when we were booking our holiday.
Thanks Fraser.
What kind of trouble? Hoons? General Bogan wankers?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
We are living at Trinity Beach at the moment, lovely place to live. Blue Water estate is pretty exclusive far as I can tell, they are building man made water ways so residents can moor their boats next to the house, some blocks without moorings will be cheaper. Another new development which is nearer the actual beach is the Blue Lagoon, it has apartments and also building blocks located around small lake.

Don't anything about any 'trouble' always seems tranquil to me
Cool. The property does not have a mooring but is just back from that.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:16 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks Fraser.
We've only been living here a few weeks but not seen any evidence of any of those. There is a useful little shopping centre, restaurants and a nice pub on the seafront. Big shopping centre at Smithfield about ten minutes away. Takes only about 20 minutes to get to the city.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser.
A lot of pissed indigenous people. We were going to book a hotel there and an old time poster who ping ponged there told me.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
A lot of pissed indigenous people. We were going to book a hotel there and an old time poster who ping ponged there told me.
Not seen anything like that. I've been in Cairns a few months now and there are places where I either wouldn't want to live or would expect to find that particular spectrum of society but Trinity Beach is not one of them.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Not seen anything like that. I've been in Cairns a few months now and there are places where I either wouldn't want to live or would expect to find that particular spectrum of society but Trinity Beach is not one of them.
No worries.

Have you been on a reef cruise yet? If so can you recommend one for small kids please?

Sorry Amazulu
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Blue Water? Part of that's being built right behind my house. Isn't the part of Blue Water with the moorings more in Trinity Park than Trinity Beach?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraC
Blue Water? Part of that's being built right behind my house. Isn't the part of Blue Water with the moorings more in Trinity Park than Trinity Beach?
Blue Water is Trinity Park.
Waterfront yes, but no beach that I have seen.
It's some developement.
If you can afford it I reckon it would be a damned good investment.
Probably better than Cardwell.
Both places are low lying so same in terms of flood risks.

Blue Lagoon is Trinity Beach. Had a bit of trouble with that development as the lake took over a piece of a creek that is croc territory. They still come to visit and enjoy the new man made lake.

Have heard of no trouble at either Trinity Park or Beach during our 3 years here. We could happily live at either place.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bix
It's some developement.

Blue Lagoon is Trinity Beach. Had a bit of trouble with that development as the lake took over a piece of a creek that is croc territory. They still come to visit and enjoy the new man made lake.

Have heard of no trouble at either Trinity Park or Beach during our 3 years here. We could happily live at either place.
Thanks for that - you know the area well. It does look like a good investment - I'm probably going to go for it.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - you know the area well. It does look like a good investment - I'm probably going to go for it.
Reckon you could be right, Far North Qld is deemed as a huge growth area, and investments on a PUDDLE or near a wet fart, will reap rewards !

http://www.blue-water.com.au/maps.htm#

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Nov 29th 2007 at 5:02 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Reckon you could be right, Far North Qld is deemed as a huge growth area, and investments on a PUDDLE or near a wet fart, will reap rewards !

http://www.blue-water.com.au/maps.htm#
We stayed at the Coral sands resort at Trinity Beach and had a very good time. Lovely beach too.

Jo
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:57 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It's some developement.

bluewater estate will eventually join trinity beach although accessed from trinity park at present. bluewater canal ( the water bit infested with sand flies) is trinity park. when looking at an investment look carefully. blocks in there start at $200,000. pretty ordinary house to build would be atleast $300,000 by the time it all fenced and lanscaped. throw a pool in and thats another $40,000 by the time you have fenced it. then stamp duty. trinity park was and still is the worsed placed on the northen beaches for druggies and tose less fortunate in life.you will see all the shit housing as you drive down reed road. trinity beach does have a little strip where kids hoon back and forth(the wife did a 3 month stint at smithfield station earlier in the year)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.