Reload this Page >

Traveling in and out of Perth?

Traveling in and out of Perth?

Old May 18th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

stengee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traveling in and out of Perth?

Hi,
Please can you help as we havn't long to go and we don't want to end up running around WA like a couple of Gala's!!!!!!!
Me and the girlfriend are moving to WA in June and we have been looking at Mandurah as a place to live. The girlfriend has a good chance of getting a job when we get there, she will have to commute everyday into the centre of Perth as thats where their office's are - is it a long to travel everyday or is it considered the norm due to the distances between places in Oz???

Also, please can anyone give us a bit of feedback about Mandurah - or suggest a better place to be located? (We have no kids) (I am a Wall & Floor Tiler)

Thanks

ste
Old May 19th 2007, 12:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling in and out of Perth?

Originally Posted by stengee
Hi,
Please can you help as we havn't long to go and we don't want to end up running around WA like a couple of Gala's!!!!!!!
Me and the girlfriend are moving to WA in June and we have been looking at Mandurah as a place to live. The girlfriend has a good chance of getting a job when we get there, she will have to commute everyday into the centre of Perth as thats where their office's are - is it a long to travel everyday or is it considered the norm due to the distances between places in Oz???

Also, please can anyone give us a bit of feedback about Mandurah - or suggest a better place to be located? (We have no kids) (I am a Wall & Floor Tiler)

Thanks

ste
Whilst it is cheaper than a lot of places in Perth itself it is also quieter and it is 70km or so to Perth. Apparently the train will take 50 mins when completed later this year. If I was a young couple with no kids I wouldn't consider it but that is just me. I would want to be closer to the city.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Whilst it is cheaper than a lot of places in Perth itself it is also quieter and it is 70km or so to Perth. Apparently the train will take 50 mins when completed later this year. If I was a young couple with no kids I wouldn't consider it but that is just me. I would want to be closer to the city.
I would second that. If she's commuting you either need to live very close to the city (expensive) or find yourself somewhere near to the trainline, either North, South, East or West.

Which reminds me, I need to post something about this - thanks!
Old May 19th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

no way would i commute from mandurah to perth everyday....maybe once the train comes in it wouldnt be so bad but lets face it who knows when that will happen!! even so its a long way....and mandurah isnt the most liveliest of places for a young couple..i would be looking closer to perth
Old May 19th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stengee
Hi,

Thanks

ste

I wouldn't commute either. It's not only because of work, but what are you going to do on the weekends down there? Swimming, fishing, swimming, fishing?
Old May 19th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

I'm sure there must be a lot of people commuting everyday and with the introduction of the train line, this will be even easier and faster..

Only problem is cost of trip by train v/s fuel...

Young couples tend to favour Perth obviously.