Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel insurance

travel insurance

Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:57 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travel insurance

What is the norm with this when emmigrating?
Do most people just get a short term Uk policy?
answers on a postcard please!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 8:29 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: travel insurance

Originally posted by mr2blue
What is the norm with this when emmigrating?
Do most people just get a short term Uk policy?
answers on a postcard please!

Suggest a search on past threads of one-way-travel-insurance

Most insurance policies do not cover one way trips These are classed as special and difficult and cost more However I found
one with Going Places (using White Horse Ireland Ltd) who offer up to 17 days after you reach the final destination or the end of the insured period (whichever is the sooner)

But most of the others offer as you get through immigration or perhaps 24 hours or at the most 48 hours after reaching australia.

The normal annual insurance that we have do not cut the mustard as their attitude is rehabilitation to UK if there is an emergency not australia.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

i went to going places and they rang there head office to check and they said they wont insure us on a one way flight

so i rang white horse insurance direct and after a half hour conversaiton they told us that they would insure us but it would expire 48 hours after we arrived in auz

???????
Old Sep 11th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

These two offer one ways with 48 hours after arrival:

www.worldwideinsure.com (40 years +)
www.leadedge.co.uk (under age 40)

'Which' magazine best buys too. See previous threads for more info.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:08 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by bussie
i went to going places and they rang there head office to check and they said they wont insure us on a one way flight

so i rang white horse insurance direct and after a half hour conversaiton they told us that they would insure us but it would expire 48 hours after we arrived in auz

???????

The Going places girl was wrong.

I have the booklet and it reads 'in the case of a one way trip the cover ends 17 days after you arrive at your final destination or at the end of the chosen cover period whichever is the earlier.

I went into Going Places and she gave me the quote with no problems £98 for 45 days

I actually at this moment in time work for the loss adjustors to Whoite Hose Ireland and that is why I know about them otherwise would never have heard of them
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

is there any name or reference on your insurance policy so i can ring them up and quote it to them as have had no luck when ringing before

and it was actually customer services at going places that said they wouldnt insure us not the sales consultant

taken from there policy documentation

Last edited by bussie; Sep 12th 2003 at 1:38 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:27 pm
too busy to work members

Originally posted by bussie
is there any name or reference on your insurance policy so i can ring them up and quote it to them as have had no luck when ringing before

and it was actually customer services at going places that said they wouldnt insure us not the sales consultant

I had contact with them direct by web site and e mail and they advised that they could not sell any policy dirrec to me but I would have to go into Going Places.

The policy booklet is the one for a 'one trip cover' Thye only have that one and an 'annual cover' so ask to read their booklet when you next go in and it is under the heading The trip means...
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

yes i understand what you are saying but i got them to ring up there customer services to make sure we would be coverd on a one way trip

and there reply was they wouldnt insure us on a one way trip

some were some one aint telling the truth

my wife works for a travel agency lunn poly and knows about this kinda stuff so i let here deal with it all my wife said that she doesnt think that many travel agencies would cover a one way flight and if they did it would end when they arrived at the airport
Old Sep 12th 2003, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

So, if you've booked a return ticket for some point in the future, which may or may not happen, and if it does it's for a holiday back to England, can you be insured then? Is it because you have a one-way ticket that you can't get insurance, or is it because all the clauses to do with repatriation and all that will send you back to the UK, when in fact you'd prefer to be sent to Oz?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

yes that is right if you have a return ticket companys will insure you

that is the first thing they ask when some thing goes wrong and you have to use your insurance
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

anyone recommend websites with working holiday visa insurance for 12 months