Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

transporting tools from scotland to brisbane

transporting tools from scotland to brisbane

Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:33 pm
brisbane bound

ratty901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transporting tools from scotland to brisbane

hi all, im a panel beater in scotland heading to brisbane in september. i anticipate visa by april but will still be working until about one month before i leave. i will have to transport my tools to oz and anyone who works in a garage will know that tool boxes these days are huge. can anyone who has transported large toolboxes to oz give me advice on the best way to do this for the cheapest price?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future
Default Re: transporting tools from scotland to brisbane

Can they go in your shipment. They charge by the size/bulk; not the weight. Otherwise it will be airfreight and that is by weight.

Surly any job you get will have tools there to use until your own arrive?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:40 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice
Default Re: transporting tools from scotland to brisbane

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Can they go in your shipment. They charge by the size/bulk; not the weight. Otherwise it will be airfreight and that is by weight.

Surly any job you get will have tools there to use until your own arrive?
I believe you can also share containers. Id advise you phone one of the many shipping companies in the UK and they'll be able to advise you on that one! Remeber you have to pay insurance on a % of the value of your shipment. I imagine youve got a lot of moneys worth of tools there so remeber to take that into account. Also insurance is always negotiable so never accept the initial quote...

We used Dorree Bonner from Glasgow. I cant recommend them enough. They were very good...not a single broken glass or missing item!

Well OK one of the packers did try to pack a rubbish bag but we put that one down to enthusiasm for the job!!

Last edited by yamahaha; Jan 7th 2007 at 7:48 am.