Transfers to RAEME

Transfers to RAEME

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:48 pm
JMT
Just Joined

JMT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfers to RAEME

Hi there,
The seed of emigration was planted some time ago but stated to germinate during the last budget!
Is anyone able to point me towards information on where the RAEME might possibly be stationed. I'm starting from scratch here and would appreciate all the help i can get ranging from locations and climate to salary and standards of living. (I'm an artificer vehicles). All the previous information i have read has been a few years old, so would like to here from any fellow VM's that have made the move recently.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

013paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfers to RAEME

Hi mate

My name is Paul Lewis - former Artisan SSGT VM and Ive been here for about 5 months now. It took me 33 months to get here (eventually getting here 15 months after retiring) - I had a few delays perculiar to my individual circumstances but most people are much, much quicker with their transfer.

You can email me at work on: [email protected] and I'll answer what I can for you or pass you on to someone else who maybe able to if I can't.

I'm in darwin @ 1st Combat Engineer Regiment as a VM SGT and loving it so far! Pay isn't great but you get by quite comfortably and your pension is a real advantage (but is taxable a bit - I'll explain later!). There are about 20+ of us POHM's in this garrison (I estimate) but only a few came over without having their 22 year pension but they still survive okay without it (I wouldn't have left without it but that's just me!).

I'll wait for you to contact me (as I'm off on holiday tomorrow exploring the National Parks here for Easter) and then I can answer some of your questions next week maybe.

Cheers

Paul
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:14 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 013paul
Hi mate

My name is Paul Lewis - former Artisan SSGT VM and Ive been here for about 5 months now. It took me 33 months to get here (eventually getting here 15 months after retiring) - I had a few delays perculiar to my individual circumstances but most people are much, much quicker with their transfer.

You can email me at work on: [email protected] and I'll answer what I can for you or pass you on to someone else who maybe able to if I can't.

I'm in darwin @ 1st Combat Engineer Regiment as a VM SGT and loving it so far! Pay isn't great but you get by quite comfortably and your pension is a real advantage (but is taxable a bit - I'll explain later!). There are about 20+ of us POHM's in this garrison (I estimate) but only a few came over without having their 22 year pension but they still survive okay without it (I wouldn't have left without it but that's just me!).

I'll wait for you to contact me (as I'm off on holiday tomorrow exploring the National Parks here for Easter) and then I can answer some of your questions next week maybe.

Cheers

Paul

We have just done the transfer over. We are based at a camp in Victoria. Darwin is probably where we will be posted next. Just wondered what you thhink of the place. Is it a good posting?

Any info you can give would be hlpful.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

013paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seaangel
We have just done the transfer over. We are based at a camp in Victoria. Darwin is probably where we will be posted next. Just wondered what you thhink of the place. Is it a good posting?

Any info you can give would be hlpful.

Many thanks.
Hi there
please email me with any questions on the email address I supplied above and I'll be happy to answer any questions
Cheers
Paul