Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

transferring money to the uk

transferring money to the uk

Old Oct 9th 2016, 9:50 am
Just Joined

spideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nice
Default transferring money to the uk

Hi was wondering if anyone can help can you transfer dollar to sterling using one of the money transfer platforms and then they hold the money for you for a while before transferring to the UK, cheers
Old Oct 9th 2016, 10:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transferring money to the uk

Originally Posted by spideyo
Hi was wondering if anyone can help can you transfer dollar to sterling using one of the money transfer platforms and then they hold the money for you for a while before transferring to the UK, cheers
If you want to transfer using a forex, the transfer time is only a day or so from when they receive your funds. They usually advise transfer times at time of trade. You need to have an account to send the money to.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

spideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nicespideyo is just really nice

cheers old sparkles, is there any way of holding the money out of the UK in some sort of account as contacted Lloyds and hsbc international and they said I didn't meet the criteria. Lloyds explained it more it basically is because I am returning to the UK so it wouldn't be worth it for them and I even said it would probably be not for about a year when they said that to see if that helped and they still said no.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 7:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

cheers old sparkles, is there any way of holding the money out of the UK in some sort of account as contacted Lloyds and hsbc international and they said I didn't meet the criteria. Lloyds explained it more it basically is because I am returning to the UK so it wouldn't be worth it for them and I even said it would probably be not for about a year when they said that to see if that helped and they still said no.
Just leave the money in your Aussie account,make sure you have internet banking set up and then move it, via the internet, once you've opened a UK account.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 9:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mornin' spideyo.
Has the rain stopped for you yet ? Our village managed to have the most stonking hail storm yet no-one else around us got it.

Spideyo is on the lower North Island of NZ so may have plonked this in here by mistake.

I'll post to your NZ thread spideyo.