Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfering money from the UK

Transfering money from the UK

Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:42 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transfering money from the UK

How long do you get to transfer funds without paying tax on them
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: Transfering money from the UK

Originally Posted by fraser
Just thought I'd BUMP this thread as I too would like to know the answer. We will have the money from our house sale by the end of July but will not be going to Melbourne until November. If the rate does not improve we thought about opening an ofshore account and then transferring the money when the rate improves.
When you have a "few" pounds to convert the rate can make a difference of several thoudand dollars.

Are you going to Melbourne Fraser?

Tracy
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
Just thought I'd BUMP this thread as I too would like to know the answer. We will have the money from our house sale by the end of July but will not be going to Melbourne until November. If the rate does not improve we thought about opening an ofshore account and then transferring the money when the rate improves.
When you have a "few" pounds to convert the rate can make a difference of several thoudand dollars.

Are you going to Melbourne Fraser?

Tracy
I sure am Tracy, we lost £600 last night alone on the rate so I've become addicted to watching it.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
You will have to pay CGTon any forex gains from day one.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284559

You will have to pay tax on any interest earned if you invest the money.

The capital is not taxed on transfer.

This is a complicated area.

G