Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Training to be a Cosmonaut

Training to be a Cosmonaut

Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:00 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Training to be a Cosmonaut

Now i know, you will all laugh, but are there any training providers around the Redland Batside area?

I was in a training provider recentley, belly dancing i think, any way is it true you can offset any cost outlay against tax owed with regards to training to get a new job, or to get a specific job, or just to get a job?

I reckons he was a bullysh!ting, he said if i paid one thousand euro's, oooch sorry buck's, he would train me as a belly dancer, then when i started work, i would pay tax at source, but at the end of the year, i would be able to claim my training fee's back, by offsetting the course fee's against the tax i have to pay?

BTW, life is good, the weather is great, the beer is sh!!tte, but hey two outa three?

Keith
Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:24 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training to be a Cosmonaut

Are you related to eugene?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Are you related to eugene?

I think they misuse similar substances though!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:14 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but they're fun.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:25 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

From the Australian Tax Office website section on Deductions:

"What are self-education expenses?

Self-education expenses are expenses that you incur when you undertake a work-related course to obtain a formal qualification from a school, college, university or other place of education.

The course must have a sufficient connection to your current employment, that is, the course:

* maintains or improves the specific skills or knowledge you require in your current employment, or
* results in, or is likely to result in, an increase in your income from your current employment.

You cannot claim a deduction for self-education expenses for a course that does not have a sufficient connection to your current employment even though:

* it might be generally related to it (see example 1), or
* it enables you to get new employment.

Example 1

Louis, a computer science student, works at the university laboratory installing computers. The course and the job are generally related, and what Louis learns might help him in his job.

However, the high level professional skills Louis acquires are well beyond the skills required for his current job and employment. Consequently there is not a sufficient connection between his job and his course, and he cannot claim a deduction for work-related expenses for his course."

So, according to that, you can't claim back the costs of training in belly-dancing or cosmonauting, unless you're already doing something similar....
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:46 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
So, according to that, you can't claim back the costs of training in belly-dancing or cosmonauting, unless you're already doing something similar....
Thanking you me sir, cheers! Keith