Reload this Page >

Training before reaching Oz

Training before reaching Oz

Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Razzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Training before reaching Oz

Hi All,

My partner and I are in the process of completing our skilled visa. My partner is a spark and we are having a tough time trying to find out how hard it is going to be for him to get work once we arrive in Perth. We have heard that he will have to be under supervision for a year and on low pay?
We have also heard we have the option of him going to night school once a week once in Perth or he could do a course with Trades down under but this costs £3000 which obviously is a lot of money when we are already paying out so much for the visa already.
Is anyone else having the same problem ? Or does anyone know if its necessary that this course needs to be done?
We are just worried that enough though we will have a skilled visa and he is fully qualified it is still going to be hard to get work once we arrive.
Ideally if anyone is already in Perth recently and can tell of their experience of starting electrical work and how difficult it was.

Thanks in Advance

Rach
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:55 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training before reaching Oz

Originally Posted by Razzel
Hi All,

My partner and I are in the process of completing our skilled visa. My partner is a spark and we are having a tough time trying to find out how hard it is going to be for him to get work once we arrive in Perth. We have heard that he will have to be under supervision for a year and on low pay?
We have also heard we have the option of him going to night school once a week once in Perth or he could do a course with Trades down under but this costs £3000 which obviously is a lot of money when we are already paying out so much for the visa already.
Is anyone else having the same problem ? Or does anyone know if its necessary that this course needs to be done?
We are just worried that enough though we will have a skilled visa and he is fully qualified it is still going to be hard to get work once we arrive.
Ideally if anyone is already in Perth recently and can tell of their experience of starting electrical work and how difficult it was.

Thanks in Advance

Rach

Have a look in the electricians section, the best way to do it is to disregard the ostr he got from vetassess and apply to the tra for an ARTC. Once he has this it's a lot quicker to get the licence. Again there is loads of information about how to do all this on the electricians section. The only downside is that you can't apply for the ARTC unless you are in Australia but even so it is the fastest, cheapest and most efficient route to a licence.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training before reaching Oz

Here's the Electricians Forum, Rinkerdink was talking about. It is worldwide but there's a lot of Australian posters there.