Reload this Page >

Trainee/Junior Accountant Opportunities Perth Area

Trainee/Junior Accountant Opportunities Perth Area

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

swfc1867 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trainee/Junior Accountant Opportunities Perth Area

Hi

Myself and a few friends are planning on moving to the perth area of australia sometime next year once we have some money saved. But basically I need some good help/advice as I haven't got a clue where to start with planning the move.

I am currently close to being fully AAT qualified and have around 3 years experience of working in accounting. What would be the most ideal/realistic visa I could get and what are the job opportunities and salaries like at the moment there in accounting? Is it hard to find a job?

There are 5 of us making the move, but will probably be moving there at different times of 2014. We are looking to rent a house in an affordable area to live but which will be commutable from Perth CBD where I'm guessing most of the accounting roles would be based?

Out of the rest of my friends, one is an experienced recruitment consultant, one is a graphic designer who has a degree and around 2 years experience of working in a design firm, one is a qualified electrician and the other a soon to be qualified fabricator/welder. What is the demand like for these trades?

Any help/advice whatsoever would be really appreciated as you can probably tell I haven't got a clue where to start.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

dnbosiris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trainee/Junior Accountant Opportunities Perth Area

have a look on www.seek.com.au
Search accounting jobs in Perth and have a look at the salaries on offer for assistant/trainee accountants to get an idea of pay. at a rough estimate I would say you could expect around $30 ph, maybe $35 if you get lucky (or around $60k a year)

I'm an ACMA and have just returned to Perth after living the UK for a few years. There are definitely jobs out there but its hard to predict what it will be like in 2014, the job market can fluctuate a lot depending on external factors.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

swfc1867 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply!

What is the best way about going about the job hunting/visa applications?

Would it be hard to find employment/sponsorship before actually moving to aus?

Im off to a job fair in manchester next month so hoping to pick up some advice there
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Don't pay them any money at the job fair..
Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing you are all coming out on WHV. First thing to note is that you can only work for 1 employer for 6 months. As a result, most skilled / proffessional jobs are out of the question as most employers simply are not willing to go through the hassle.

Second, be aware that there has been a glut in accountancy staff, to the extent that there is a report out this week suggesting it should be removed from the migration lists.

Your friend the electrician will not be able to work as one here. It takes a WA licence which takes up to 12 months to get.

Graphic designers are not common in Perth.

A year ago the recruitment consultant might have faired ok, but since the down turn in mining a lot of recruitment consultants have been made redundant.

The best advice i can give is to treat the year for what it is meant to be and not think of it as leading any where else. It is a holiday.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swfc1867
Hi

Myself and a few friends are planning on moving to the perth area of australia sometime next year once we have some money saved. But basically I need some good help/advice as I haven't got a clue where to start with planning the move.

I am currently close to being fully AAT qualified and have around 3 years experience of working in accounting. What would be the most ideal/realistic visa I could get and what are the job opportunities and salaries like at the moment there in accounting? Is it hard to find a job?

There are 5 of us making the move, but will probably be moving there at different times of 2014. We are looking to rent a house in an affordable area to live but which will be commutable from Perth CBD where I'm guessing most of the accounting roles would be based?

Out of the rest of my friends, one is an experienced recruitment consultant, one is a graphic designer who has a degree and around 2 years experience of working in a design firm, one is a qualified electrician and the other a soon to be qualified fabricator/welder. What is the demand like for these trades?

Any help/advice whatsoever would be really appreciated as you can probably tell I haven't got a clue where to start.
You mention "the move" a few times. I am a bit puzzled, this is not a move is it, as I don't believe that for example you would qualify for a skilled migrant visa, do you mean you are thinking of coming on a WHV? If that is the case, there really is nothing that you need to do at this point to prepare for coming out on a WHV sometime next year. Other than save up of course.