Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Traffic in Sydney sucks...is that true?

Traffic in Sydney sucks...is that true?

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:31 am
Just Joined

BrazilianOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traffic in Sydney sucks...is that true?

http://radar.smh.com.au/archives/200...e_where_y.html

Reading the above article I found : "Sydney's terrible public transport system and horrendous traffic mean there's not as much incentive to leave your area. I'll usually only venture out if there's a specific need."

Is that true guys? Me and Wife are moving from Brazil probably to Sydney as it seems the field for Security Engineer (Telco) is best (I think).

Could you guys please enlighten me about what areas are best serviced with public transportation?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:17 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Traffic in Sydney sucks...is that true?

Originally Posted by BrazilianOZ
http://radar.smh.com.au/archives/200...e_where_y.html

Reading the above article I found : "Sydney's terrible public transport system and horrendous traffic mean there's not as much incentive to leave your area. I'll usually only venture out if there's a specific need."

Is that true guys? Me and Wife are moving from Brazil probably to Sydney as it seems the field for Security Engineer (Telco) is best (I think).

Could you guys please enlighten me about what areas are best serviced with public transportation?

Thanks in advance.
If you are used to driving in a quiet country town, the Sydney traffic will most certainly, "suck".

but

If you were used to the congested London traffic, you will not experience the same difference that the country town person would.

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you are used to driving in a quiet country town, the Sydney traffic will most certainly, "suck".

but

If you were used to the congested London traffic, you will not experience the same difference that the country town person would.
i would add that sydney has the daftest drivers ive ever seen but that my opinion.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
i would add that sydney has the daftest drivers ive ever seen but that my opinion.
I agree with that.

The traffic is getting worse and more expensive. The state government is obsessed with tunnels however each one requires a toll. So far the toll roads are the m5, m4, eastern distributor, harbour bridge/tunnel and m2. In the next few years there will be new toll roads to link the harbour bridge to the m2 and the m2 to the m4.

Public transport is getting worse and it is taking longer and longer for my wife to get to and from work.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
I agree with that.

The traffic is getting worse and more expensive. The state government is obsessed with tunnels however each one requires a toll. So far the toll roads are the m5, m4, eastern distributor, harbour bridge/tunnel and m2. In the next few years there will be new toll roads to link the harbour bridge to the m2 and the m2 to the m4.

Public transport is getting worse and it is taking longer and longer for my wife to get to and from work.
yeh and the drivers are all mintal or blind.
i still cant get used to that sign....turn left if you feel like it, or something
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by soapy
yeh and the drivers are all mintal or blind.
i still cant get used to that sign....turn left if you feel like it, or something
"Turn left at any time with care"?

That's not a difficult concept.