Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Traffic Question: Peak hour BNE-> Bayside

Traffic Question: Peak hour BNE-> Bayside

Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:42 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Traffic Question: Peak hour BNE-> Bayside

Just thought I'd put my query to the great minds of BE (particularly those bayside dwellers who are more familiar with the roads and traffic movements in that part of the world):

How long would it take to drive from South Brisbane -> Murarrie in the morning?

If you wanted to get there for 8am - how would traffic be? (Surely heading away from the city it shouldnt be too bad?).

Google maps guesses at 18 minutes - Anyone care to comment?

(ETA: Ooops - sorry should probably have titleed the thread "Traffic Question: Peak hour BNE-> Bayside" to help add clarity. Perhaps a nice mod will rectify? )

Last edited by DadAgain; Mar 13th 2012 at 4:45 am.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic question?

Murrarie isn't really 'Bayside'.

I don't think 18 minutes would be too far off the mark...as you say, the traffic is all going in the other direction.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:20 am

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Murrarie isn't really 'Bayside'.
Perhaps not - but those from the Bayside are much more likely to have a clear picture of traffic patterns around there than someone like me from the NW 'burbs.

Where does "Bayside" officialy start then? East of the Gateway?
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Perhaps not - but those from the Bayside are much more likely to have a clear picture of traffic patterns around there than someone like me from the NW 'burbs.

You'd probably get a better answer from people that live in the inner eastern suburbs and have to cross the Gateway Bridge. I can tell you you can probably drive from East Brisbane to Murrarie without sitting in any traffic whatsoever. South Brisbane to East Brisbane I'm not so sure about but I don't see it being a problem.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:06 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it's north of old cleveland/finucane and east of cleveland -redlands bay road... that's my theory anyway...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Question: Peak hour BNE-> Bayside

I'd say 18 minutes would be a pretty good indication, but allow 30 minutes. Wynnum Road can be a bit unpredictable at any time because it's the only thoroughfare out of those inner south eastern riverside suburbs into and out of the the city.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I go from Moggill to Manly peak hour a couple of times a week. Once you get beyond the CBD you're going against the traffic so much more free-flowing. The one hiccup if you're driving (I go on a motorbike) is Vulture Street, up Wellington Road and onto Wynnum Road. The lights at the junction of Wellington / Wynnum can be a pain. I reckon twenty minutes in the car might do it.

Last edited by spartacus; Mar 14th 2012 at 11:15 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:26 pm

yeah I reckon riding the bike might well be the way to go.

Apart from anything else - I'll actually be going from The Gap, so getting from The Gap to the City the travel time is at least halved being on 2 wheels rather than 4.

($4 each way to go via ICB, Kingsford Smith & Gateway bridge seems too much to me and I'm not even convinved it'd be much quicker)
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I reckon riding the bike might well be the way to go.

Apart from anything else - I'll actually be going from The Gap, so getting from The Gap to the City the travel time is at least halved being on 2 wheels rather than 4.

($4 each way to go via ICB, Kingsford Smith & Gateway bridge seems too much to me and I'm not even convinved it'd be much quicker)
On the bike I don't use any toll roads, as you say, no quicker so just not worth it.