Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Book group - Perth - NOR

Book group - Perth - NOR

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Book group - Perth - NOR

I'd like to start a book group.

The vague plan is that we pick a book, take it in turns to meet at each other's houses, say, once a month, have a drink, a nibble and chat about the book, life, the universe and everything.

So far interested parties are myself, Northern Bird and Dorothy.

Anyone else who's interested, please PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.

Note: Bogans, those SOR, and SOR bogans are all welcome too
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book group - Perth - NOR

Originally Posted by Family of 3

The vague plan is that we pick a book, take it in turns to meet at each other's houses, say, once a month, have a drink, a nibble and chat about the book, life, the universe and everything.

So far interested parties are myself, Northern Bird and Dorothy.

Anyone else who's interested, please PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.

Note: Bogans, those SOR, and SOR bogans are all welcome too
As indicated count me in, I should be able to discuss the merits of steam mopping very soon and hope to be enlightened in the possession of permanent cushions.

PS. Just bumping this really, that was all a load of shite!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, you don't say!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:14 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

when are you starting this?

I am interested but we dont arrive until april 21st and also dont know anyone or anywhere either lol

Avril
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Late March?

So far there's very little response. Since I'm a lovely person I can only assume it's Northern Bird and Dorothy putting everybody off. I can reassure people that I've met them both and, in contrast to their board personae, they are actually fluffy bunnies in real life.

I'll send a note round Mini's kindy class to see if any of the parents are interested. We may actually get some Aussies that way too.

Avi: If you join us when you get here you won't have missed much and you'll be welcome.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:37 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
You can read?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seasider
You can read?

Darling, naughty! How else would I know that the plural of persona is personae?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

elsie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I'd be interested! New on here, so don't know how to send PMs -this seemed far easier! I arrived in November and am really missing my old book group, so it'd be great to join a new one.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elsie3
Hi - I'd be interested! New on here, so don't know how to send PMs -this seemed far easier! I arrived in November and am really missing my old book group, so it'd be great to join a new one.
You can't send a PM till you have posted 3 times. Welcome to BE, welcome to Perth and I am sure Fo3 and Dorothy will join me in welcoming you to the Book Club!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

elsie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Better post again then..
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, welcome indeed. Just sent you a PM.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:02 am
Just Joined

JaneArchie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Myself, hubby and kids have now been in Perth 7 weeks. We just moved into our rental on Monday in Iluka. Everythings all very new and I'm currently spending my life getting lost in the car!!

I would love to join your bookgroup when it starts up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jane
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneArchie
Myself, hubby and kids have now been in Perth 7 weeks. We just moved into our rental on Monday in Iluka.
Welcome to Perth and Iluka . We live in Iluka too.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:12 am
Just Joined

JaneArchie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Welcome to Perth and Iluka . We live in Iluka too.
Thanks!! Really pleased we managed to secure a rental here. Seems a lovely place and so near the beach.

Kids started school yesterday (Beumaris) and we've just received email that our container will be delivered next Frid. So everything moving along at a pace.

Just need to find myself things to do during the day while I'm child free!!

Jane
Old Mar 9th 2011, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jane

Welcome.

Do you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.