Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Traditional grub?

Traditional grub?

Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:42 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traditional grub?

Originally Posted by adriang
I think fairy bread originally came from Holland. When I was living there it was the only thing that had more than 2 choices in the supermarket. That means it must have been part of the cloggies staple diet! It it also eaten as a traditional celebration for the birth of a child (a cloggy version of the cigars perhaps). Blue coloured sprinkles for a boy, pink for a girl.
You could buy Fairy Bread ready made for you in the supermarket??? You're kidding?? How did they stop all the slices sticking together? Surely that's like buying a loaf ready buttered and jam-ed? I've heard of convenience food, but that's hilarious! And what a cheapskate way to celebrate the birth of a child - a slice of processed white bread with marg and sprinkles! No wonder you're not living there anymore
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Thanks Chels for the explanations..... Very tempting,,,
Are you Chelsea or a chelsea supporter by chance?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
My niece drinks Baileys with milk & ice

Actually its quite nice

Nicky
Tell her to try Kalula, milk and ice, it really nice. In oz you can get it ready made in a can, i always stock up on my visits.

Minibelle
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:35 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by minibelle
Tell her to try Kalula, milk and ice, it really nice. In oz you can get it ready made in a can, i always stock up on my visits.

Minibelle
It is really yum! I used to drink that in my ermm younger days lol Although I think I drank too much as it's not nice coming back up again lol
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

I loved the glass of sparkling wine with a strawberry in, that you get in most places without any fuss on the Gold Coast. Trying ordering that in the Uk! The standard reply is: 'Oh no sorry, you have got to order a bottle' Even at Aintree on ladies day!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:55 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chels

Looks like something that comes out of the end! YUK
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:21 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
Thanks Chels for the explanations..... Very tempting,,,
Are you Chelsea or a chelsea supporter by chance?
A Chelsea supporter - very intuitive of you - most people seem to think I'm called Michelle in real life and the username is a shortened version of that.