Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children and Haircuts

Children and Haircuts

Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Children and Haircuts

Was wondering how much people spend on haircuts for kids here? And how often you take them for a haircut?

Or does anyone here cut their kids hair themselves? I remember my mum cutting mine when I was a kid.

I have seen them selling those DIY electric shavers in Kmart.....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children and Haircuts

Originally Posted by obiwan
Was wondering how much people spend on haircuts for kids here? And how often you take them for a haircut?

Or does anyone here cut their kids hair themselves? I remember my mum cutting mine when I was a kid.

I do both my husband and son's with the hair buzzer thingy and my daughter's gets a trim every few months by me. I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do what I can do myself.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I do both my husband and son's with the hair buzzer thingy and my daughter's gets a trim every few months by me. I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do what I can do myself.

Me too

And I even cut my own hair
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:42 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

I purchased a hair trimmer and all accessories from Big W made by Remington and its been absolutely fine. Cut hubby's hair when needed and I also trim my daughter's fringes to cut down the trips to the hairdressers.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

how often did you take them before you moved to Australia, should be no different.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the replies, will look for the remington brand at Big W. I thought we were the only ones who planned to cut our kids hair....

as for going to the hairdresser before oz, it was once every 6 weeks or so (but that was because it is much cheaper where i am from) so i was thinking of maybe going once every 12 weeks in oz, but i guess we will just do it ourselves....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby only has stubbly stuff now which he wet shaves. Son used to go to barber with husband but would come back with an electric shaver shave anyway so I just do it now seen as husband no longer goes.

If you can get ceramic blades they tend to do a better cut than steel.

Do an occasional fringe cut on self if eyes get irritated.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:37 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I cut my eldest's hair when she was about 2 and gave her a wonky fringe - never again!!!!We grew out the fringe so now she only needs a wee trim occasionally. My 3 yo has never had her hair cut as it's tight curls and although quit long, still looks fiarly short. Think I'll take them both to the hairdresser soon for a tidy up but it shouldn't cost more than £10 for both.

Gill
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Compared to where I went in the UK to where I go here, here is stacks cheaper and no difference in quality of cut but a head massage is included which it never was in the UK.