Trade Certification

Trade Certification

Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

wayneo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trade Certification

hi

im a mechanic from the uk coming on a working hol visa to NSW

does any one know if i have to get my skills assesed and trade certification to work in my trade while on holiday

cheers
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:56 am
Just Joined

nick02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade Certification

Hi mate
i think from what i know they do need a certificate of some sort.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:33 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayneo
hi

im a mechanic from the uk coming on a working hol visa to NSW

does any one know if i have to get my skills assesed and trade certification to work in my trade while on holiday

cheers
If it's a working holiday visa I do not think you will need to be assessed as this visa is a very casual one. You could be fruit picking or working in a bar, for example, it's only when you apply for a job in a garage, I would expect the manager would want to see proof of qualifications and experience.
I run a workshop with 13 mechanics and have 'travellers' call in from time to time on working visa's looking for work... so that is my experience.

It's only if you wanted to apply for residency you would need to pass a TRA http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA/ which is very specific and requires you to have completed 'X' years in your trade and have recognised qualifications etc etc. I suggest you do your home work regarding the amount of time you are required to have worked as a mechanic (and can prove that time) as without it, you will not get into Australia on a permanent basis.

I have just had 3 technicians convert to PR from 457 visas and 1 is struggling to prove his experience due to businesses no longer operating, so get all your evidence together now

If you get to Perth???? Call http://www.automotivepersonnel.com.au/main_t.php

Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I did working holiday & worked as a mech had no problems if they need you they will employ you as casual labour, keep to the small garages try & speak to the owner, what are you doing for tools?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

wayneo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

thanks for the info,

i think from what i have read is that all mechanics need this certification when in nsw,

is there a penalty for the business that employs you if i where not to have one,

im sending my tools in advance

cheers