Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GOT VISA & FLIGHT???? HOW HARD IS FINDING WORK?

GOT VISA & FLIGHT???? HOW HARD IS FINDING WORK?

Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough
Default GOT VISA & FLIGHT???? HOW HARD IS FINDING WORK?

Going to Perth June, how did people find getting work? was it a struggle or easy??? Im looking for any work to start off just to see if i like the new climate and the new living away.

Feedback appriciated.

James
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:42 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: GOT VISA & FLIGHT???? HOW HARD IS FINDING WORK?

Originally Posted by JAYROONEY
Going to Perth June, how did people find getting work? was it a struggle or easy??? Im looking for any work to start off just to see if i like the new climate and the new living away.

Feedback appriciated.

James
it might help if you indicate what sort of work you will be looking for. As I understand it there are vast differences in the vacant job rate depending on if you are a builder, accountant, teacher, etc.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:04 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Depends on waht you do some professions are still in need of people but if you are a tradie you are kidding yourself by going to Perth.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:53 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Dont like posting negative stuff but I have to say that it is getting more difficult in oz on the job front as the weeks go by, it hard enough to get your foot in the door here for most of the trades there has always been a reluctance to employ people 'straight off the boat' anyway but when you got some ozzie experience under your belt it was much easier.
From the experience that I have seen recently, the building trades especially have come to a halt. Yes there is still building going on but there are PLENTY of tradies here to fight for the jobs and unless you've got a mate who can get you in then to be frank, you are unlikely to have any sucess.
The recession IS hitting here and its getting harder- so come prepared for some worried sleepless nights and with a load of cash to fall back on and you should be ok in the end....
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Arrived in Perth back in September last year. Everything rosie, great rental, great schools, great car and a fantastic job as a draftsman. Now, been out of work 7 weeks. Let 20 of us go in the office and more to follow. Dead as a DODO out there unless you have a specific job. A friend from the UK is coming out soon. Engineer too. Don't think he realises yet how bad it is here in Perth, in fact all of OZ. On a positive note, I will say this, Perth has more jobs than any other OZ city, but very few.
I remmeber the days (last year) I would do a search on the job seeking bible 'seek' and find 3 to 4 pages of jobs, now only 2 or 3 jobs on the one page.
Sorry, Good Luck to all of us out of work.
It will pick up.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Its not brilliant but I reckon its still slightly better than the UK and Europe.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

As we all know, if your out of work here, your in the warm sun, sea and sand.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul & June
Well said...totally agree.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Don't get me wrong, I love the UK, thats where my roots are, but too depressing for me. I love it here in Perth, living next to the sea. But I hope to find a job soon. I'm worried I might get to loath the place because no one will give us a job.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul & June
Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Well said...totally agree.
And that feeds your family how?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Feel the warmth baby

Yep thats so bizzare. But keep reading it.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Feel the warmth baby

Yep thats so bizzare. But keep reading it.
It's nearly winter here. It's gonna be pretty cold and rainy on that beach soon.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Bugger, you beat me, just what I was going to say.

I get the feeling it's going to be a long miserable winter here in Perth whether the sun shines or not.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's nearly winter here. It's gonna be pretty cold and rainy on that beach soon.
Does it get cold in Australia then?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:31 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Does it get cold in Australia then?
Yes. Yes it does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.