TRA successes?

Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default TRA successes?

Hi There

I have been reading some of the previous posts related to so many TRA failures and now feeling horribly insecure as we are about to submit our application to TRA.

I was hoping there was somebody who had a successful TRA outcome and would be willing to share with us a page from their application which would help us determine the depth and detail of the content required. It really does not matter which skill under TRA, I think a page from any skill would help me determine the degree of information needed and whether I have done enough.

Thanks a lot!!!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: TRA successes?

Originally Posted by Teri
Hi There

I have been reading some of the previous posts related to so many TRA failures and now feeling horribly insecure as we are about to submit our application to TRA.

I was hoping there was somebody who had a successful TRA outcome and would be willing to share with us a page from their application which would help us determine the depth and detail of the content required. It really does not matter which skill under TRA, I think a page from any skill would help me determine the degree of information needed and whether I have done enough.

Thanks a lot!!!
Look a little harder I think the last 5 or so have been passes, me included!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TRA successes?

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Look a little harder I think the last 5 or so have been passes, me included!
Well done! Was your application based on experience alone or have you got qualifications as well?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:55 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teri

Sent you a PM

Gary

Well done! Was your application based on experience alone or have you got qualifications as well?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Teri

Sent you a PM

Gary
Hi Gary

I have replied with another PM.

thanks Teri
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

I have Apprenticeship papers, I *think* they are more leanient (?) because of this as my work description was only a few pages for 15 years, and I'm sure the know all the british training boards curriculums etc to the letter anyway.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

I too got a successful result, I basically listed everything I could. I described what I did during my apprenticeship in detail, what I did after my apprenticeship, what qualifications I have and also went into depth of what the qualifications were including how it helped my apprenticeship and my career.
All I can say is that I had the same worries, however I spent about a month writing and rewriting it, in the end I decided that I had to send the bloody thing of and stop worrying about it. My advice is to give as much detail as you can and keep highlighting the important bits according to the TRA description. If you meet the TRA description and you keep highlighting this during the application you should have no worries.