Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - Response - Help

TRA - Response - Help

Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:45 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation TRA - Response - Help

I sent my TRA on the 9th (3 weeks ago), and have not yet had an acknowledgment.

Do they always send acknowledgment straight away?

I am starting to worry that maybe the post office have messed up. (Why o why did I not pay for DHL!). When I went the post office they told me there was no point in international priority as it was no quicker and whilst it is signed for, all you can do is track it left the UK. Therefore I said send it without and they said it would take a week - but now I think of it I never saw them put an airmail sticker on it. THEY COULD NOT BE SENDING IT SURFACE MAIL COULD THEY - PLEASE.....

Any ideas - can I check with TRA.

Any ideas appreciated, and or timescales on getting acknowledgment from TRA.

Brian.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:57 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA - Response - Help

Hi Brian

DO NOT want to scare you but look at my timeline below.
Put your mind at rest on Monday and try to see if they have actualy received it. If you are using an agent get them to check it, they will probably get more of a response, and quicker.
Sending you some K, and try not to get too stressed over the weekend there is nothing you can do at the moment anyway

Carole

Originally Posted by bjbrian

I am starting to worry that maybe the post office have messed up. (Why o why did I not pay for DHL!). When I went the post office they told me there was no point in international priority as it was no quicker and whilst it is signed for, all you can do is track it left the UK. Therefore I said send it without and they said it would take a week - but now I think of it I never saw them put an airmail sticker on it. THEY COULD NOT BE SENDING IT SURFACE MAIL COULD THEY - PLEASE.....

Brian.
Old May 11th 2005, 6:27 am

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: TRA - Response - Help UPDATE ....

Brian.
Update..

I received the acknowledgement letter today, dated the 2nd of May. I don't know if the post office was slow or what but at least it was not lost so I am happy.
Now its the waiting and the worry of have I done enough to pass....

Heres hoping.

Brian.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:12 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA - Response - Help UPDATE ....

Brian
Sooooo pleased it's all ok and safely there,
yes now we wait and wait and ......

Maybe it won't be too long eh...
Good luck

Carole

Update..

I received the acknowledgement letter today, dated the 2nd of May. I don't know if the post office was slow or what but at least it was not lost so I am happy.
Now its the waiting and the worry of have I done enough to pass....

Heres hoping.

Brian.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:26 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Brian.
hi brian maybe the tra were just on a go slow but glad you now know they have it
steve
Old May 11th 2005, 3:28 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

good luck Brian