Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA questions for carpenters out there.

TRA questions for carpenters out there.

Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

TonyGRS will become famous soon enoughTonyGRS will become famous soon enough
Default TRA questions for carpenters out there.

I am just about to apply to the TRA. Would be grateful if there are any carpenters & joiners out there who have applied and would be willing to advise me on just how much detail is required by the TRA. Thanks Tony
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA questions for carpenters out there.

Originally Posted by TonyGRS
I am just about to apply to the TRA. Would be grateful if there are any carpenters & joiners out there who have applied and would be willing to advise me on just how much detail is required by the TRA. Thanks Tony

Hubby's an electrician, so don't know much about carpenters but I do know that you need extremely detailed references for the TRA.

The more stuff you can put down the better. Make sure you include all the tools you use or have used.

Ours took three months to put together
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

hi fella,i applied as a joiner months ago,it took me about 4 months to get all the gear together,basically everywhere you have worked you need an in depth reference with all your duties tools machinery used materials etc etc,must be letterheaded paper,contact details of person writting ref,where you served your time ,if no college certificates you have to break your on job training down int what you were taught eac year,i cant stress enough dont worry if the refrences are two or five pages long the more info you can give them to prove your a joiner the better,i even had one of my previous employers who had gone bump and couldnt locate anyone who worked there ,i had to go to local council and get a letter stating that th company existed .if you need any help let me know mate,
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

As above really....an Agent is another way forward as it can be a right merry dance
Old Feb 10th 2006, 8:33 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Just done the tra so know what your going through! As everybody else has said get as much info as possible and post the lot,it'll take ages and at times you'll be pi33ed right off but trust me,when you get the yes vote it's a great feeling.If in doubt post it is my advice,when posting check out interparcel for your posting.they are A1,you can track all the way and they use dhl but are cheaper than going through dhl! Good luck fella,head down ass up and you'll get there,do it yourself and save the money!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

TonyGRS will become famous soon enoughTonyGRS will become famous soon enough

Thanks to everyone for the info.Wish I'd done this ten years ago. I would've had far less work to do and i wouldn't have killed off so many brain cells.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

penny31 is an unknown quantity at this point

As much info as you can possibly put in is good! My husband wrote about 6 pages (in the bit where you have to write in your own words what your job involved) Remember you Ned to have 6 years proven experience at base trade (as a carpenter Joiner), well it was 6 years when we applied. My husband has been a Joinery shop supervisor for much of his working life (even though the job is completely hands on) but we had to make sure it was clearly stated on the application that he worked 6 years as a Carpenter Joiner. Where abouts in the west Mids are you, we are in Sutton Coldfield. If you need anything just PM me and i will try to advise, Good luck!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Pm me if you want some details, we are in the middle of it now. Carpenter TRA