TRA Question

Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice
Default TRA Question

I had my TRA accepted in feb 2005, but due to tragic circumstances, my wife fell seriously ill and died in June of that year, obviously I could not continue with my visa application at that time.

After a very traumatic year for myself and my daughters, I am considering the move to Australia again and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether my TRA acceptance is still valid, or do I have to apply again.

Thanks in advance.

Nick.d
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:05 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Question

Originally Posted by Nick.d
I had my TRA accepted in feb 2005, but due to tragic circumstances, my wife fell seriously ill and died in June of that year, obviously I could not continue with my visa application at that time.

After a very traumatic year for myself and my daughters, I am considering the move to Australia again and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether my TRA acceptance is still valid, or do I have to apply again.

Thanks in advance.

Nick.d
have you tried posting this in the immigration forum? you will probably get more replies.

i think (but please check and don't take my word for it) that your TRA is valid more or less indefinitely - however you would need to currently meet the numbers of hours per week and number of years worked in profession for your actual visa application.

hope this helps
Tiggs
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
have you tried posting this in the immigration forum? you will probably get more replies.

i think (but please check and don't take my word for it) that your TRA is valid more or less indefinitely - however you would need to currently meet the numbers of hours per week and number of years worked in profession for your actual visa application.

hope this helps
Tiggs

Thanks for your reply, I will try the immigration forum

Nick.d
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks in advance.

Nick.d

Hi Nick, I "think" it only lasts a year but least you have it all in place and it may just need freshening up with dates and re-submitting. If you took copies to put in with your visa application then these would def need to be updated with current date/certified etc again
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your wife, it must have been a really hard time for you and your kids.

The TRA does NOT expire, so you can use it for your visa application providing you meet the current criteria ie: work experince, points etc etc.

Good luck
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

I asked a similar question about TRA expiring and got the answer that it doesn't expire.
I wish you and your daughters all the best.

Scotty.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 1:33 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.

Nick.d
Hi Nick, WendyC is usually correct on these things so I'd go with her answer but if you wanted to make doubly sure you could always email the TRA they're usually pretty quick to respond.

Sorry to hear of the sad loss of your wife.

Good luck to you and your daughters in your new life in Australia
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I don't think the TRA expires but you do need to meet current criteria like work experience and points etc.

So sorry to hear about your wife. Good luck to you and your daughters. I wish you all the best.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hi Nick, WendyC is usually correct on these things so I'd go with her answer but if you wanted to make doubly sure you could always email the TRA they're usually pretty quick to respond.

)

I double checked before I posted, so it's definately right
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:32 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I double checked before I posted, so it's definately right
Lol, well there ya go then

See I said you were usually right