Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best curry near clarkson

best curry near clarkson

Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:12 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default best curry near clarkson

anyone any ideas where the best place to get a good curry, favorites are pasanda madra and vindaloo.......????
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:18 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best curry near clarkson

Originally Posted by Dawn
anyone any ideas where the best place to get a good curry, favorites are pasanda madra and vindaloo.......????
Only tried the one on the front of ocean Keys , ok but not great !
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:21 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Knew you would know!!! we had one the other night and tasted of salt and nothing else!!! also looked like pooh how are you????? Richard mentioned theres apparently 2 pubs in Mindarie is that right?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:32 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn
Knew you would know!!! we had one the other night and tasted of salt and nothing else!!! also looked like pooh how are you????? Richard mentioned theres apparently 2 pubs in Mindarie is that right?
Yeah both next sdoor to each other , the boat and the indian brew thingy . they are right on the waters front at mindarie .

The Curry house at O K's was a bit like a pataks home job , we had awsome one we used in uk so any other has a lot to live up to !!!!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:56 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Masala??? Crap
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:03 pm
B9BUR

chris warren is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Shenhai at Ocean Reef - it's pretty good. My father in law has been there 93 times since it opened.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:09 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris warren
Try Shenhai at Ocean Reef - it's pretty good. My father in law has been there 93 times since it opened.
isn't it only a certain time you can go there to pick up??
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:20 pm
B9BUR

chris warren is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about that. When we've been there (7.30ish) eating in, I've seen people collecting take aways. Maybe they restrict it when they're busy.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:24 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by chris warren
Not sure about that. When we've been there (7.30ish) eating in, I've seen people collecting take aways. Maybe they restrict it when they're busy.
just something i was told...dont know if its true...pick ups at 7:30 and 8:30 only
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

was a bit like a pataks home job , !!
I've yet to find an Indian restaurant here whose food doesn't taste like this.

And I suspect that they will all taste like this because of the local market - how the hell Punjab on Scb Beach Rd could win Indian rest of the year (a few years ago admittedly) I'll never know.

My next target is The Cove (Attadale) which I have heard good reports about. But I go with a heavy heart...!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:41 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
But I go with a heavy heart...!
I've given up hoping to have a decent curry
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi

I know. Talk about skilled migration and 457 visas....I've thought about trying to get the Bangladeshi chef who worked in my local Indian in the UK over to Perth. He'd make an absolute killing in the Northern Suburbs - dustbin lid sized popadoms, a pickle tray to die for - mango chutney, lime pickle, onions and cucumber and yoghurt. And then Chicken Jalfrezi with garlic naan.

Oh my goodness - I think I need to have a lie down!

The other day my wife and I were just talking about how much we were enjoying Perth but then checked ourselves and said "But it's Friday night, what would be doing on a Friday night in the UK? A range of beers - Badger Breweries, Fursty Ferret, Spitfire followed by an Indian takeaway at my sister's house" It's not often that I get nostalgic for the UK...!

Indian curries and beers - my favourite topics.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:12 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I know. Talk about skilled migration and 457 visas....I've thought about trying to get the Bangladeshi chef who worked in my local Indian in the UK over to Perth. He'd make an absolute killing in the Northern Suburbs - dustbin lid sized popadoms, a pickle tray to die for - mango chutney, lime pickle, onions and cucumber and yoghurt. And then Chicken Jalfrezi with garlic naan.

Oh my goodness - I think I need to have a lie down!

The other day my wife and I were just talking about how much we were enjoying Perth but then checked ourselves and said "But it's Friday night, what would be doing on a Friday night in the UK? A range of beers - Badger Breweries, Fursty Ferret, Spitfire followed by an Indian takeaway at my sister's house" It's not often that I get nostalgic for the UK...!

Indian curries and beers - my favourite topics.
Pissed one night Mr.Ransi decided to phone Abdul,the chef at one of the best resteraunts in N.Wales...he couldn't come to the phone as he was too busy
Stop it now...im craving soo bad for a half decent one...even if the meat was edible it would be something!
You know the only things I miss are food stuff...Indians,chinese,kebabs and cheese & onion pasties....family/friends area are wayyyy down the list Lol
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I have come to the conclusion that either Sam has to cook Indian or we eat Thai / Vietnamese when we go out for anything decent.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:04 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by worzel
I have come to the conclusion that either Sam has to cook Indian or we eat Thai / Vietnamese when we go out for anything decent.
yup,same here...
v.nice vietnamese in Joondalup near the red turban (crock 'o shite)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.