Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - qualifications

TRA - qualifications

Old Dec 4th 2004, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Doritos is on a distinguished road
Question TRA - qualifications

Hi. I'm new to the forum, and it's given me a wealth of information already.

Please could someone clarify what I need to send to the TRA regards qualifications/evidence.

Partner achieved his City & Guilds in 1990 and we have the original certificates. But, I was wondering how in-depth does the supporting evidence need to be. He can't remember what each module was comprised of, and the college is not being helpful when asked for course/module summaries etc. We're not quite sure how much info, and in what format is sufficient.

Would appreciate any advice from someone who has gone through this already.

Thanks in advance,
Doritos.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA - qualifications

Hi first off if you do a search here for "TRA" - you should get lots of info as to requirements. Sorry its just Ive posted whole page of stuff, its getting late and have had a few to drink!!

tra website www.workplace.gov.au (I think!!) should also give you an indication.

Re college - you should contact and ask them for summary of the modules undertaken as this would be very helpful as part of your evidence - it will cost you a small fee but worth it in my opinion.

Basically you have to provide lots and lots of information. An example of what you would do on an average day, detailed lists of tools used, hours worked, what job entails etc. References from current and past employers. If self employed, references from clients, suppliers, accountant along with detailed statement/statutory declaration/essay of what you do, what tools you use, hours you work etc (self employed or otherwise), a cv.

hope this helps

all the best
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Doritos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TRA - qualifications

Thanks Atticus,

Much appreciated. We'll go to the college in person, hopefully that'll make a difference. But my fella is so laid back he should be horizontal. I just worry he doesn't persist enough.

Cheers for your reply. I think I'm getting a bit too stressed at such an early stage. It's just my man is dyslexic, so all paperwork is down to me. Still, it'll be worth it eh.

Cheers again, you're advice was lay mans terms so even I got it
Doritos.