Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

That is why I am considering one of the beach suburbs around Townsville and not a big city like Sydney or Brisabne...you still get detached..with your own space and no one the other side of the wall made of paper whenb you sleep!! Give me that and sun any day over streets full of dog shit, rubbish , used condoms etc etc..need I go on...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
That is why I am considering one of the beach suburbs around Townsville and not a big city like Sydney or Brisabne...you still get detached..with your own space and no one the other side of the wall made of paper whenb you sleep!! Give me that and sun any day over streets full of dog shit, rubbish , used condoms etc etc..need I go on...
thats why I think you will love Townsville and beaches around....atleast, storm will!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

..of course only the best people live in the beaches north of Townsville
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabc
..of course only the best people live in the beaches north of Townsville

totally agree
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Hi RabC and Trish and Jim

I will of course add tot he list of being one of the best people to live in Townsville Northern Beaches!!! I am in Townsville on 16th and 17th August..anyone fancy a few beers on evening of 16th??? Need to know the good, the bad and the ugly about the place!! I am also going to be spending time with my prospective employer to get a feel for my future workplace..then it will be visa rolling in September..shouldn't take long for visa as a SR visa sposored...usually about 4-6 months I think..have heard of some coming through in 3 months...will give us time to get house sold and my better half wants to get on training course for entrance into their job in March 2008 so would work out fab.

Where do you live RabC..which is the best Northen beach area???
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi

We are going to live in Townsville at the beginning of August so you can count us in to meet up (if my matey Trish is going then I'm in too)

look forward to seeing you all then

ireland
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

fantastic..we are now going to be there for two nights so if the friday night is better for people then thats o.k with us....will look forward to meeting you all.

Liz and Jenx
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi

We are going to live in Townsville at the beginning of August so you can count us in to meet up (if my matey Trish is going then I'm in too)

look forward to seeing you all then

ireland
Oh god, is Townsville ready for you and I!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
Oh god, is Townsville ready for you and I!!
Is anywhere in Australia ?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Is anywhere in Australia ?
cheeky bugger
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:46 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
cheeky bugger
Watch out Trish, or I might join you...

Not move there, just meet you!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Watch out Trish, or I might join you...

Not move there, just meet you!
im counting on you popping in soonest...with the mad bix crowd too
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi RabC and Trish and Jim

I will of course add tot he list of being one of the best people to live in Townsville Northern Beaches!!! I am in Townsville on 16th and 17th August..anyone fancy a few beers on evening of 16th??? Need to know the good, the bad and the ugly about the place!! I am also going to be spending time with my prospective employer to get a feel for my future workplace..then it will be visa rolling in September..shouldn't take long for visa as a SR visa sposored...usually about 4-6 months I think..have heard of some coming through in 3 months...will give us time to get house sold and my better half wants to get on training course for entrance into their job in March 2008 so would work out fab.

Where do you live RabC..which is the best Northen beach area???

Always up for a beer! we are in Bushland Beach about 20min North of Townsville but we put up with it

Bushland Beach is the most developed as it nearer to town. From here you go north to Black River and Saunders Beach (which is stunning) up to Balgal and Rollingstone all of which are picture postcard tropical beaches (sand and coconut palms.)

It's a hard life.....................
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi RabC
We have been thinking about Saunders Beach ...isn't it a nudist beach though..not sure if I fancy that first thing in the morning just after ny breakfast!!!!!!! How long does it take to get there from Townsville and are there shops, restaurants etc there??

The new houses around Bushland Beach area look nice..pretty good prices too.

Had a long chat with potential new boss last night..I have just graduated and in Australia they are far more advanced with their sports podiatry/biomechanics training...so i have to do another course over here before I go..we are visiting in August and not back till Septemebr so by the time the visa was in place and worse case scenario being 6-8 months (as it is sponsored should be pretty quick) then I have September to March to do a post graduate course..more expense but at least I won't look like I know nothing when I start there!!!

Hope to see you for a beer in Townsville in August. We are now coming for 3 nights seeing as we are thinking about making it our home...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Trish

whatever do you mean ( will Townsville be ready for us two together!!! ) if our telephone conversations are anything to go by, it will be giggling followed by more giggling.
we must learn to behave and act professional at all times( i think NOT)

hopefully the crew from Cairns can all make it down which should make it a great night

chat soon hun

love ireland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.