Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

total newbie, please help. metal machinist question?

total newbie, please help. metal machinist question?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough
Default total newbie, please help. metal machinist question?

Hello Everyone. Im sorry about the real basic questions here but my partner and i are just about to start the process. He is a metal machinist so needs to get the goahead from TRA. We has a degree in manufacturing engineering and has worked in CNC milling and turning for the last 7.5 years. is this enough to qualify as a metal machinist?

Also, I dont understand what frontloading is? do you send a police check and medical with your actual Visa application?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Chappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to all
Default Re: total newbie, please help. metal machinist question?

Hi,
I got my TRA via a metal machinist ticket.
Is OH time served? I had to submit references going back to my apprenticeship then EVERY job I'd had since. Took ages to get all info together, but passed TRA which was biggest hurdle.
PM me if you want more specific info.
Cheers,
C
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:01 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keri
Hello Everyone. Im sorry about the real basic questions here but my partner and i are just about to start the process. He is a metal machinist so needs to get the goahead from TRA. We has a degree in manufacturing engineering and has worked in CNC milling and turning for the last 7.5 years. is this enough to qualify as a metal machinist?

Also, I dont understand what frontloading is? do you send a police check and medical with your actual Visa application?
I passed as a toolmaker with the TRA, detailed everything i have done, tools used, how often , current employer reference, ex employer references, colleague references, machines worked on, how i used them etc etc 130+ pages worth !!!

If you need any help just pm me, i will offer as much help as i can.

I know we needed it when we started the process.

Front loading is when you send police checks and meds before they are due, but you gotta be careful as your VISA expiry date is a year from your meds and police checks if i remember correctly.

hope this helps.

Enjoy the ride.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:11 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Keri,

Just provide as much info on training and work experience as he can, Certificates, Drawings, Photos and Descriptions of jobs/tasks.

I have a friend who went to Perth as a CNC machinist there is lots of work, he was offered a job at his first interview and asked if he could start that afternoon. Good Luck.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:14 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

machines worked on, how i used them etc etc 130+ pages worth !!!

Blimey mine was 70 pages and I thought that was a lot
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chappers
Hi,
I got my TRA via a metal machinist ticket.
Is OH time served? I had to submit references going back to my apprenticeship then EVERY job I'd had since. Took ages to get all info together, but passed TRA which was biggest hurdle.
PM me if you want more specific info.
Cheers,
C
What kind of information do we need? Like 130 pages????
besides getting degrees and experience, what else do we need.

He will have a problem getting his boss to write a letter for him and he has worked there for 7.5 years. is there a way of getting round this?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:57 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

He will have a problem getting his boss to write a letter for him and he has worked there for 7.5 years. is there a way of getting round this?
Machines worked on, tools used, how to set up machinesm how i used the machines.

i am at work right now but PM my Mrs she will help you out her name is Katsmajic
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Chappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to all

Don't worry about his boss not giving him info. I had to go back 20 years to where I served my apprenticeship. No on knew me!!! so I just wrote down all info I had from my training books and self certified the form.
Dead easy, just include EVERYTHING you're ever worked on, set up, operated, tools used, processes etc.