Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre-flight Check In Question

Pre-flight Check In Question

Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Pre-flight Check In Question

Hi everyone,
We are flying from Glasgow to London and then London to Singapore then onto Brisbane. I have a question regarding flights. We booked our tickets through Airline Network and it is with British Airways Glasgow to London then Singapore airlines the rest of the way. With Singapore you can check in up to 48 hours before the flight, something I'd like to do so that we get seats together etc. However, normally, it'd be a case of showing up at Glasgow airport and them booking you all the way through. Does anyone know if it's a problem if I book us into the Singapore one online and then just show up at the airport and get whatever seats there is for the Glasgow-London one? Don't want any hassle and I know there must be others out there that have flown regional to London to head out to Oz. Thanks in advance.
Tracy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-flight Check In Question

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
We are flying from Glasgow to London and then London to Singapore then onto Brisbane. I have a question regarding flights. We booked our tickets through Airline Network and it is with British Airways Glasgow to London then Singapore airlines the rest of the way. With Singapore you can check in up to 48 hours before the flight, something I'd like to do so that we get seats together etc. However, normally, it'd be a case of showing up at Glasgow airport and them booking you all the way through. Does anyone know if it's a problem if I book us into the Singapore one online and then just show up at the airport and get whatever seats there is for the Glasgow-London one? Don't want any hassle and I know there must be others out there that have flown regional to London to head out to Oz. Thanks in advance.
Tracy
Hi Tracy,

The only thing to consider is that they might not check your baggage all the way through, you might have to collect it and re-check it in London. I'd check with the airline if I were you.

Suzi
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:22 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-flight Check In Question

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
Tracy
Codeshare domestic flights do not check in bagge all the way. You'll have to check in a London too. Means you could make use of the check in service in advance.

Phone Singapore to confirm but that very much the case in my experience and I've allocated my seat for the internation route but just turned up for the domestic.