Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:18 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Janeyray

I think you had a lot of courage to up sticks and move to Oz... Just because it didn't work out for you doesn't mean you are a tosser...

I am an ozzie and have been living in UK for the last 6 years but I want to go home now!!! My husband also wants to go so we are applying for the visa and then if everything goes the way we want it I will heading home end of October...

So does this make me a tosser cause I can't take living in the UK????

All the very best

Sam&Andy
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:21 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Janeyray

I think you had a lot of courage to up sticks and move to Oz... Just because it didn't work out for you doesn't mean you are a tosser...

I am an ozzie and have been living in UK for the last 6 years but I want to go home now!!! My husband also wants to go so we are applying for the visa and then if everything goes the way we want it I will heading home end of October...

So does this make me a tosser cause I can't take living in the UK????

All the very best

Sam&Andy
No. You're doing it the other way round, you're a ressot!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Originally posted by loose
Seem to be a lot of commas for a breath their MM. You been on the pop or just run up some stairs?
SORRY tykeland..? Did not have the benifit of you wonder ful uk ,education system . can only call itas i seeit........... MM
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:39 pm
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by mr mover
SORRY tykeland..? Did not have the benifit of you wonder ful uk ,education system . can only call itas i seeit........... MM

its just your punctuation MM, at least your speelings ok!

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:45 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hi Janeyray. just for the record, I didnt vote either. I try to stay away from all that. Truth is.. I think most of us on this forum are just as scared as the next that things wont work out. I know I am. Im gonna give it all I have. but I dont know what I would do if it didnt work. and if it didnt... well, I dont want to come back to US. wonder what New Zealand is like... maybe I would be happy going back to UK after all these years... I still love it, my home country, but rellies say it would be hard. dont know. the point being, we dont know what our future holds. You have a lot of guts to try it. all of us do. and sometimes you have to let out your feelings. isnt that what this forum is for? and that gives us all a chance to see things from different perspectives. If we're smart, we'll listen to both sides. I dont think anyone of us has the right to put down anyone else though. we all have something in common. cant we all just try to be friends? good luck. I hope you have found your 'home'.
calle
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:50 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

its just your punctuation MM, at least your speelings ok!

You,obivisouly , went to one of those pommie private schools , jeeze i hope you wer,nt a border, you would have LOOSE ring gear:scared: but apart from that ,what was the Question .....
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:00 pm
Re mem mem member

You,obivisouly , went to one of those pommie private schools , jeeze i hope you wer,nt a border, you would have LOOSE ring gear:scared: but apart from that ,what was the Question .....

yup went to Queensbury Comp!! just behind Oxford and Cambridge in the posh stakes!!! gear nice and taught ta very much!

What you drinking man?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

yup went to Queensbury Comp!! just behind Oxford and Cambridge in the posh stakes!!! gear nice and taught ta very much!

What you drinking man?
Careful what you say about my neck of the woods, Loose. I'm watching you
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:06 pm
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by bundy
Careful what you say about my neck of the woods, Loose. I'm watching you

ooops! no offence sweets!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:55 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

GO, back through , the forums and show me, where dotty & PB ,really showed any real devotion to AUS, i have been here since DOT, and after all this time,they would not have shown any positivity about this country. ........... MM
If you read my post MM I didn't say anything about devotion or positivity, they are your words not mine. Both Dotty and PB replied to my posts on opera singers and teachers in Perth and real estate in Yanchep with good useful advice.

I stand by my original statement and I don't intend to go back through the forums to prove anything. I'll leave that thrilling task to you

ACE
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ACE
If you read my post MM I didn't say anything about devotion or positivity, they are your words not mine. Both Dotty and PB replied to my posts on opera singers and teachers in Perth and real estate in Yanchep with good useful advice.

I stand by my original statement and I don't intend to go back through the forums to prove anything. I'll leave that thrilling task to you

ACE
Thank you, hundreds probably thousands of people have used the information I put on here to their own good, funnily enough some who claimed to hate me are now putting much of my advice into use. Why because it was real live factual adivce reality and that is the only stuff that is going to work, basing life/business on fantasy does not work. I think many have now said my advice and PB's was useful and correct and hundreds more have said that in PM's.

My type of posts were welcomed by many and because not many folk are going to come out and say stuff that will get you slagged off for tarnishing the rose tints. It didnt matter to me, I know I made a bloody great go of it there, call me a failure and I can really laugh

Look how many people are now coming on and saying they are struggling here but at the time did not post !! Why because they would be lumped in with me and PB probably Should that not tho have been the time when they could have come on here and posted????? for a bit of honest support.

Some people may not like my kind of honesty but I am very proud of my posts they were useful, not like the bizzare kind the forum gets now, death threats! abuse! threats of physical violence! and slander. Too weird for me not to mention highly distastful. Yep ban those type of posters nothing to do with immigration at all.

Anyway all I came on for was to see if any of the 17 had got the balls to own up Didnt think so.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bundy
We know all about your kissing and making up, Loose!

Seriously though, good points. Sometimes threads can develop a life of their own and take off in all kinds of unhappy directions
We never used the word Tosser in my day in England just said someone was a twit is that the same thing.....
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Janey, don't listen to the few. Hopefully the reponses you have received on this thread has restored your confidence in the human race.

I voted in that poll and was one of 13 in a minority group however as already stated a lot of people missed it when it was moved or had no chance to vote as the thread was locked

For what it's worth my posting is below but if anyone really wants to catch up with it:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=tossers

I wanted to vote for first option but Pants hypnotised me (have you seen her eyes lately?)

In truth I selected option 2.

I have no strong opinion on what these people have chosen to do. I am sure they have done whatever they considered was right in their own situations at the time they needed to decide. I hope they made the correct decision for themselves as I hope we are all making the right decision for us.

Yes, MS annoys me too but even with him there are valid points to be sifted out. It's just a shame he camouflages them with shite. Then again perhaps I annoy him too - I can but live in hope

Dotty on the other hand was full of useful info but had a very sanctimonious way of delivering it

Anyway, let's all have a bit of what Simone has been on today and perhaps we will get 100% agreement
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:59 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Thank you, hundreds probably thousands of people have used the information I put on here to their own good, funnily enough some who claimed to hate me are now putting much of my advice into use. Why because it was real live factual adivce reality and that is the only stuff that is going to work, basing life/business on fantasy does not work. I think many have now said my advice and PB's was useful and correct and hundreds more have said that in PM's.

My type of posts were welcomed by many and because not many folk are going to come out and say stuff that will get you slagged off for tarnishing the rose tints. It didnt matter to me, I know I made a bloody great go of it there, call me a failure and I can really laugh

Look how many people are now coming on and saying they are struggling here but at the time did not post !! Why because they would be lumped in with me and PB probably Should that not tho have been the time when they could have come on here and posted????? for a bit of honest support.

Some people may not like my kind of honesty but I am very proud of my posts they were useful, not like the bizzare kind the forum gets now, death threats! abuse! threats of physical violence! and slander. Too weird for me not to mention highly distastful. Yep ban those type of posters nothing to do with immigration at all.

Anyway all I came on for was to see if any of the 17 had got the balls to own up Didnt think so.
You won't hear anything from those 17:scared: :scared: .

Seriously though, yours and in the past some of PB posts were useful. I am Still in the UK and have been researching and visiting OZ for 4 years but I would never have seen the things that you and PB highlighted. As a result of your sometimes hard to accept posts, we have delayed our departure by a few years, looked more carefully at the suburbs and not the house prices, put by a substantial emergency fund and worked very hard to secure a job in Perth through my husbands firm.

I love reading the nice posts but the not so nice ones are the ones that I think will allow us to make a sucess of our lives in Oz, forewarned is forearmed.

So keep em' coming folks good and bad

Cheers
ACE