Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top priorities in Perth!

Top priorities in Perth!

Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all
Talking Top priorities in Perth!

Moving in 2 weeks......
cats sorted (def got my priorities right)..........
furniture sorted.........
flights nearly sorted....
insurance sorted.......

what are the things I need to sort out first when I reach the land down under???

apart from somewhere to live of course!

Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Top priorities in Perth!

work out how to leave
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
work out how to leave
that made me laugh, perth isnt that bad at all, best weather in the country and it sure is beautiful
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Here are the things we did:

Get hire car (child seats as well if you need them)
Get to termporary accommodation.
Chill (we arrived on a Friday so it was good to have the weekend where we just relaxed and read the papers).
Sorted out the banking and started to look at cars and motorbikes. Kept an eye on the reiwa website for home opens for longer term rental. Looked at a few rentals and spoke to a few agents. Drove around lots to make sure we knew where we were.

Sorted out medicare and our private health cover.

Got mobiles.

Changed our UK driving licenses over to WA ones. Go early as the place (in Joondalup) gets really busy.

Got a rental and then sorted gas, electric, foxtel and phone.

Moved in when container arrived.

That's just off the top of my head. I am sure there is heaps more.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I also recommend getting the West Australian Paper on a Saturday. It is MASSIVE but contains heaps of stuff that can help you out from cars to homes to furniture etc.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
that made me laugh, perth isnt that bad at all, best weather in the country and it sure is beautiful
Not much in the way of ozone though lol
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

best weather in the country
Of the major cities, I'd say Brisbane easily takes that crown.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
work out how to leave
Seven more sleeps and i am out of here.....and it has taken quite sometime to work out an escape.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad no,but not great either. Somehow it just is....perhaps a little stirile or artificial to be really beautiful.......but it does allow for a degree of comfort which to many may be enough.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Watch this short film. It won an award at the WA film festival a few days ago. It's a 3 minute film that takes the piss out of Perth - so you know what you're letting yourself into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhmdbVk0l4
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

thats great thanks......well to the people who didnt slag off Perth and make me wonder if Im doing the right thing!!

starting to stress a little now as there just seems like months more organising to do once we get there! If my OH company would hurry up and organise flights then at least we would get more than a weeks notice for leaving!!

Im sure everything will be fine (thats what I tell myself twenty times a day anyway!!)

Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Perth would be perfect if it wasn't so freaking expensive.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

certainly looks pricey to get a place as nice aswe have in UK but ho hum its only money........cant take it with u when u die!!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:00 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elmo2552
certainly looks pricey to get a place as nice aswe have in UK but ho hum its only money........cant take it with u when u die!!
You won't be saying that when you are living next door to bogans and people are doing burnouts in your street.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You won't be saying that when you are living next door to bogans and people are doing burnouts in your street.
3 years in perth and i have never experienced that, in fact out of all the places i have lived around perth i think i spoke to the neighbours for about 5minutes once, the houses are so big you never hear or see them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.