Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top Loading Washing Machine

Top Loading Washing Machine

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Question Top Loading Washing Machine

Hi all

Does anyone use one.
How do you rate it.

Beth
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Loading Washing Machine

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi all

Does anyone use one.
How do you rate it.

Beth
Crap. Get a front loader. They are taking over Australia.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi all

Does anyone use one.
How do you rate it.

Beth
Most Brits hate them, and the results they get.

A fair number of Australians apparently know how to use them correctly, and like them.

My wife used to like a top loader, but I converted her soon after buying her a "proper" washing machine

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Most Brits hate them, and the results they get.

A fair number of Australians apparently know how to use them correctly, and like them.

My wife used to like a top loader, but I converted her soon after buying her a "proper" washing machine

My Aussie wife, had her worst fears confirmed in Spain, when she got to "own" a badly maintained Front loader for 10 days, whilst we were on holidays. The bloody thing seemed to hold our clothes hostage, all the instructions were in Spanish lol. I think it had gone out of synch. and when it was finished wouldn't give the clothes back. The look on my wife's face said it all as she pounded away at the door holding our clothes. I kind of had to take over the washing role, it seemed to only work on rinse mode this particular machine.

Dont think we will be getting a Front loader for years and years lol.

Front loaders are definitely heaps quicker, and that matters a lot to me.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:01 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Front loaders for me in future hated the top loader... but lets not go there or Mrs D will tell me off for not using it right...lol
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:01 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=zbettyboop]Hi all

Does anyone use one.
How do you rate it.
[QUOTE]

Just throw your laundry into the road and let the cars run over them a bit - about the same results as a top loader.

They are cheaper to make - older technology and frankly crap.

Get a nicer AAAA+ water rating front loader. The nice thing about Australia is that even the front loaders are bigger than the UK's generally.