Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Fridge Freezer/washing Machine

My Fridge Freezer/washing Machine

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:57 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Post My Fridge Freezer/washing Machine

Hi all

what it is i want to bring over my fridge freezer and i have been told that there are problems some about cfc gases whatever that is how do you find out if it has this problem if thats it.

is there any other problems about a wachine machine.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My Fridge Freezer/washing Machine

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi all

what it is i want to bring over my fridge freezer and i have been told that there are problems some about cfc gases whatever that is how do you find out if it has this problem if thats it.

Hiya,
to be honest with you, a refrigeration unit from U.K. I don't think would last two months out in Oz. The climate is a lot warmer than here, and a freezer/fridge from U.K. would be working its bollocks off 24/7, the compressor would pack up in no time.....

All the best

Daveandkath
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:03 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi all

spooky! Just answering someone with the same question on a thread further down.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Welshie
spooky! Just answering someone with the same question on a thread further down.
Hi Welshie

Thats my other half.
Asked him to put something in about fridge freezer.
When i looked at the forum there was nothing in so i put it in.
Men they are so slow.

Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Hiya,
to be honest with you, a refrigeration unit from U.K. I don't think would last two months out in Oz. The climate is a lot warmer than here, and a freezer/fridge from U.K. would be working its bollocks off 24/7, the compressor would pack up in no time.....

All the best

Daveandkath
Yeah, this is about right. We wanted to ship our fridge out. It was only a year old, we had to phone bosch up (or whatever the make of fridge it was) and give them the serial number of the fridge, then they can check to see if the refridgeration unit can hack that kind of heat or not. Unfortunatley, our one couldn't. So I've now got my eyes on one of those 'big muva fridges' with the ice makers in them. They're pukka. Just got to get round the other half to buy me one
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't bring my fridge as it was old, but brought my upright freezer and chest freezer. Have used the upright freezer since May and even in the 45 degree heat the other day have not had a scrap of problems with it, doesnt seem to be suffering at all. If you are going to be living in an air con house there really isn't much difference temp wise inside the house here to the UK, maybe 2 or 3 degrees. Our air con has been broken for 3 weeks as well. The chest freezer we havent really used, only turned it on over christmas to keep bags of ice in so cant comment really on that as a long term thing.

Jo
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:16 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our fridge and use it as a beer fridge now. I emailed the maker and got a statement of what gases were in it which customs here did want to see. It works fine.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

CFCs have been banned in fridges since the mid '90s, so unless your fridge is older than that you shouldn't have a problem. Have a look at the back of your fridge, there should be a sticker with 'pentane' on it (CFC replacement). If it has then no problems.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:49 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Our friends bought their fridge with them and arrived in the middle of summer, it packed up within 2 weeks, couldnt cope with the heat.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

If CFC free and you have space on your container bring the fridge/freezer - can be used as beer/back up fridge.

Washing machine - no problem, bring it.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

If the house you live in Oz maintains a comfortable temperature then your older UK fridge should in theory be fine. If you live in a house that maintains 45° then I suppose the poor old thing will have to work harder and prematurely give up the ghost. As for newer models we brought our Bosch fridge / freezer with us (HFC/CFC free - we signed the customs declaration having checked the manual online) and it works fine. It is only about 1 year old. Having said that we can buy the same models and lots of other familiar brands here for a lot more money.

if your fridge is less than 2 years old you will have no problem and it is very unliekly to have a CFC/HFC coolant

Hope this helps

Rob
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If CFC free and you have space on your container bring the fridge/freezer - can be used as beer/back up fridge.

Washing machine - no problem, bring it.
Agreed

We all need an extra drinks fridge

example fridge freezer from www.thegoodguys.com.au
Attached Thumbnails My Fridge Freezer/washing Machine-fridge.jpg