Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top Clothes Drying Tip

Top Clothes Drying Tip

Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:42 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Clothes Drying Tip

Originally Posted by melibeam
can you believe the lease for our rental house says no drying of clothes outside, wish I had a hills hoist, I just use drying racks and hope the landlord does not come around.
just put the wet clothes on and run round the garden. they will never know
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:52 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

A hills hoist is not just a clothes line.... its a 4 person swing.... We had 5 kids in the family, 4 to swing and 1 to push us around. Mum didnt really like it as after a while it was hanging on the ground, but did we listen????
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

obviously you're a true strayan then
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=strayan
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:59 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Whirlygig. Fantastic word! This amuses me.

Originally Posted by soapy
its a whirlygig ya numpty.
i bet u dont even know what an ESKY is
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Whirlygig. Fantastic word! This amuses me.
glad im of some use
i always thought that was the name everyone had for it
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It's a word I've not heard for yeeeeeaars ... Have lived in a flat for so long that I've not had cause to use it for some time. I shall try to drop it into casual conversation with a work colleague at some point today. Just for fun.

GG

glad im of some use
i always thought that was the name everyone had for it
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

It's a word I've not heard for yeeeeeaars ... Have lived in a flat for so long that I've not had cause to use it for some time. I shall try to drop it into casual conversation with a work colleague at some point today. Just for fun.

GG
that should be a laugh, they will think you are off your head.
one of my faves was a doofer ( anything electrical you cant rmbr the name of)
or
a Jooky (remote control) all my family called it this. i think my dad called it this when they first came out, because he couldnt rmbr the name for it.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:50 am
Cup of tea, Father?

In our house, doofer evolved into 'the hoofer doofer' to mean the remote control for the tele. Sad, but true.

Have hijacked this thread for long enough. Later tater.

that should be a laugh, they will think you are off your head.
one of my faves was a doofer ( anything electrical you cant rmbr the name of)
or
a Jooky (remote control) all my family called it this. i think my dad called it this when they first came out, because he couldnt rmbr the name for it.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

In our house, doofer evolved into 'the hoofer doofer' to mean the remote control for the tele. Sad, but true.

Have hijacked this thread for long enough. Later tater.
it was an old dead thread anyway
we just brought it new life.
later
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:09 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melibeam
can you believe the lease for our rental house says no drying of clothes outside, wish I had a hills hoist, I just use drying racks and hope the landlord does not come around.

how on earth are you suposed to dry your clothes??????
and more to the point, where/who do you rent off that wont allow drying clothes outside a house????????????
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

how on earth are you suposed to dry your clothes??????
and more to the point, where/who do you rent off that wont allow drying clothes outside a house????????????
My former partner and I once rented a flat which had some very strange clauses in the lease - they included (and this is genuine!!!)
"No drying of clothes from window sills"
"Check the shed each night to ensure there are no trapped cats"
"Do not place the dustbin on the pavement more than 30 minutes before the arrival of the dustmen"......anyone with experience of Brighton's dustmen will know that waiting 30 days is more common than 30 minutes
and
"No lewd or bawdy professions shall be carried out on the premises"....... :scared:
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My former partner and I once rented a flat which had some very strange clauses in the lease - they included
"No lewd or bawdy professions shall be carried out on the premises"....... :scared:
so u didnt take the lease then
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

so u didnt take the lease then
Thats for me to know and you to guess at!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:58 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My former partner and I once rented a flat which had some very strange clauses in the lease - they included (and this is genuine!!!)
"No drying of clothes from window sills"
"Check the shed each night to ensure there are no trapped cats"
"Do not place the dustbin on the pavement more than 30 minutes before the arrival of the dustmen"......anyone with experience of Brighton's dustmen will know that waiting 30 days is more common than 30 minutes
and
weird!!!!!

What the hell are you meant to do if you are working around the time the dustbin men come!!? Take time off work to put your bin out 30 minutes before.

Are people in a habit of collecting cats in their sheds!!?