Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Toowoomba, Nov 2007

Toowoomba, Nov 2007

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Toowoomba, Nov 2007

Having discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago I have read with interest many of the topics and thought it was time to join. Only my very upfront and forthright husband got in first!!! You will soon distinguish between my "normal" posts and his more bolder statements!!!

Our situation seems a little different than most we are going over on a labour agreement as he has a commission with the ADF. I work as a primary school teacher which I will continue out in Aus. We have no choice where we move so our first posting is Toowoomba. I have researched as much as I can but first hand knowledge is always nice too.

We did not have to go through many of the dramas that I have read about and realise how lucky we were doing it the way we have, so for that I am thankful.

Any info or people near where we are going would be great to hear about.

Thanks
Kat x (that sensible half!)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toowoomba, Nov 2007

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
Having discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago I have read with interest many of the topics and thought it was time to join. Only my very upfront and forthright husband got in first!!! You will soon distinguish between my "normal" posts and his more bolder statements!!!

Our situation seems a little different than most we are going over on a labour agreement as he has a commission with the ADF. I work as a primary school teacher which I will continue out in Aus. We have no choice where we move so our first posting is Toowoomba. I have researched as much as I can but first hand knowledge is always nice too.

We did not have to go through many of the dramas that I have read about and realise how lucky we were doing it the way we have, so for that I am thankful.

Thanks
Kat x (that sensible half!)
Welcome to the forum. Why not just register again with your own username and then there'll never be any confusion.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

My other half is from Toowoomba and we will be moving there next Feb (if i get my application form off!) - i've been there twice now, quite a nice place, bigger than you would imagine - the drive up to it is interesting - very steep road up the mountain side. There are a couple of malls there complete with the all important air conditioning, quite a few shops (I think there are 3 Subways, a few Hungry Jacks, mcdonalds, kfc etc) nice cinema - they have an indoor market in one of the covered car parks, and I remember an outdoor one there too.
There's a university and very nice japanese(?) gardens where I went to a wedding. There's also a race course (for horses - not dogs or cars!)
Theres a nice viewing area called Picnic Point which looks down the mountain and a little cafe that sells nice icecream. Theres also a good noodle bar in town.
Sorry if this isn't a very well structured post - i'm kinda just splurging on the page here
If i recall correctly Toowoomba was about 1.5Hrs drive from Brisbane. Nice city - shame its not near the sea! We're planning on moving there for starters and then moving closer to Brisbane. Hope this helps!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
Do a search for posts by Nicstids. She lives just outside Toowoomba.