Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog Blood Tests...

Dog Blood Tests...

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:54 am
skye

Default Dog Blood Tests...

How much are they - and is it worth getting them done prior to the 30 days just in case they fail the first time?

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: Dog Blood Tests...

See attached for details of our springer - Floppy!
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Floppy Costs.xls (27.5 KB, 88 views)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:40 pm
skye

Thanks - you seem about as organised as me! - Floppy looks lovely, our springer Moon is mad!

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
Thanks - you seem about as organised as me! - Floppy looks lovely, our springer Moon is mad!
I think they all are!!!!!!!!!!! Floppy was named by the kids when she was 5 weeks old!

We got her at 6 weeks and the name is because her skin didn't fit - as with all puppies!!!!!!!!!!

I got most of the info from the Bristol Vets that are transporting her to Sydney - they gave me the questions to ask the vets and I then populated the rest from that - I did it so that I could ply my husband with vast quanities of alcohol before I gave him the final cost!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I'd rather take the dog than the kids!!!!!

As for the 30 days thing - as long as the booster does not have the Lepto bit in it, should be OK - I insisted that when I took her to get her booster in January, that she didn't have the Lepto one.

She is due to go again tomorrow for her rabies booster - she hates me!!!!

Take care and good luck!

Angie
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:26 pm
skye

Thanks Angie

We havnt had the rabies jab..... have no intention of coming back to UK once we go!

We have two of the mad idiots - a 2 year old cocker to keep moon company!

As for the cost - they are worthy every penny - arnt they?????

When are you looking to go and where to?

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by skye
Thanks Angie

We havnt had the rabies jab..... have no intention of coming back to UK once we go!

We have two of the mad idiots - a 2 year old cocker to keep moon company!

As for the cost - they are worthy every penny - arnt they?????

When are you looking to go and where to?
Hiya

We're off to Canberra in September - just waiting for Visas now.

We've just got the one - but 3 kids too! Flop's had her Rabies vaccinations etc when she was 12 months old as we take her to France to see my Hubby's Parents a couple of times a year. She's very good on the Ferry - it's me that doesn't like it!!! We've had some pretty terrible crossings too!!!

I'm hoping that the motion of the Ferry is enough to prepare her for the flight - although the Ferry is only 8 hours - the flight is 22! Me thinks she'll be 'dancing' for a wee when she gets off!

We're waiting for the Visas and then we can call the Vets to start working backwards for the jabs etc.

Best of luck with all!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie