Reload this Page >

Toowoomba anyone????

Toowoomba anyone????

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:36 am
Just Joined

thebradleys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toowoomba anyone????

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
We're in temp accomm at first but might have a property sorted, just got to see it 'in person' before we confirm, the OH's employers sort it all out for us. How are you settling in TW? Is it a decent enough wee spot? I'm a Primary Teacher so will be on a major job hunt upon arrival!

hi there
there are plenty of good schools certainly in twoomba, so you shouldnt have too much trouble getting work.
my employer arranged the motel and then a small house which we refused because it had bed bugs and was quite dirty!
rented a house in rangeville and the lease is just up on it, so currently looking for new home to rent, quite difficult here as most agents cant be trusted, they typically have open days on rental propertys, so if the property is good, youll have a fight on your hands, one place we viewed recently had a lot of interest and the rent went up by $50 a week!!!
cars are quite expensive too, if you need any advice give me a shout
chris
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebradleys
hi there
there are plenty of good schools certainly in twoomba, so you shouldnt have too much trouble getting work.
my employer arranged the motel and then a small house which we refused because it had bed bugs and was quite dirty!
rented a house in rangeville and the lease is just up on it, so currently looking for new home to rent, quite difficult here as most agents cant be trusted, they typically have open days on rental propertys, so if the property is good, youll have a fight on your hands, one place we viewed recently had a lot of interest and the rent went up by $50 a week!!!
cars are quite expensive too, if you need any advice give me a shout
chris
Thanks, I appreciate that, what line of work are you both in?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:21 am
Just Joined

thebradleys is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I appreciate that, what line of work are you both in?
hi there,
joannes a p.a. but full time mum at the mo and i'm in the motor trade, was in management but had to come in as a panel beater because of my trade certificates!
what line of business is your oh in?
cheers
chris
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,
joannes a p.a. but full time mum at the mo and i'm in the motor trade, was in management but had to come in as a panel beater because of my trade certificates!
what line of business is your oh in?
cheers
chris
I'll PM u
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Toowoomba anyone????

Hi Lisa and Tony

Thanks for the reply so soon!
We live in Rangeville, Toowoomba, I work just off Ruthven street in Town.
I'm originally from Lancashire but have spent a lot of my working life on the south coast.
Are you guys in Toowoomba?- what do you think of it so far?
I'm sure we can arrange to meet up next week sometime

Regards

Chris and Joanne
Hi Chris and Joanne
I will pm u
Lisa
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like we're bound for Kearneys Spring...we arrive in Oz on the 6th February, Pickfords coming on Tuesday and this house is in absolute chaos lol
Hi there,
I lived in Kearney Springs when first moved over here, It takes time to settle in to a new place, new country !!!
Good Luck with the move
Lisa
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by LM109
Hi there,
I lived in Kearney Springs when first moved over here, It takes time to settle in to a new place, new country !!!
Good Luck with the move
Lisa
Thanks Lisa, I appreciate that! Did u like KS? we've been told it's a decent wee spot...
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Lisa, I appreciate that! Did u like KS? we've been told it's a decent wee spot...
Hi Jen
KS is pretty nice, as is most of Toowoomba.
I came from Rochdale (Lancashire) and worked in north Manchester and there is nothing over here that is any worse than either of those places !!!
I reckon you just have to make the best of whatever you get until you find a rental in the area you want.
I have found that it takes time to get used to the way of life over here, but if you put the effort in it is all worth while. When we came over we were determined to give it at least 2 years to settle and it didn't even take that long
we will have to go for coffee when you are over here and settled
If you have any questions let me know
Lisa
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:18 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hi Jen
KS is pretty nice, as is most of Toowoomba.
I came from Rochdale (Lancashire) and worked in north Manchester and there is nothing over here that is any worse than either of those places !!!
I reckon you just have to make the best of whatever you get until you find a rental in the area you want.
I have found that it takes time to get used to the way of life over here, but if you put the effort in it is all worth while. When we came over we were determined to give it at least 2 years to settle and it didn't even take that long
we will have to go for coffee when you are over here and settled
If you have any questions let me know
Lisa
The OH's employer sorts out accommodation for us, and so far, the place they've offered us looks pretty decent, if not a little dated. Coffee sounds good, theres quite a few people TW bound, one family, being sponsored by the same employer as us, arrive a few days before us so there'll be lots of us Brits in the Woomba!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

The OH's employer sorts out accommodation for us, and so far, the place they've offered us looks pretty decent, if not a little dated. Coffee sounds good, theres quite a few people TW bound, one family, being sponsored by the same employer as us, arrive a few days before us so there'll be lots of us Brits in the Woomba!
Sounds great, the more the merrier
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Leaving for the big TW this coming Monday the 1st, don't arrive until Sat 6th but thought I'd say HIIIIII!!! Anyone know of any Primary teaching jobs coming up in the area!? lol
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well that's us in the big TW....arrived on Saturday the 6th, still in temporary accommodation but should be moving to Kearneys Spring next week, so far, so good.

I created this little group on Facebook for us all to keep in touch, it might be useful, it might not....let's give it a whirl and see?!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=299403997964
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Well that's us in the big TW....arrived on Saturday the 6th, still in temporary accommodation but should be moving to Kearneys Spring next week, so far, so good.

I created this little group on Facebook for us all to keep in touch, it might be useful, it might not....let's give it a whirl and see?!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=299403997964
Welcome to Toowoomba I will check out the group on facebook and look forward to a catch up over coffee. Where are you staying at the moment ???
c u soon
Lisa
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Welcome to Toowoomba I will check out the group on facebook and look forward to a catch up over coffee. Where are you staying at the moment ???
c u soon
Lisa
We're @ the Highlander on James Street, it's like living in a cave; one window @ the front, one @ the back...I'm getting cabin fever! Moving to KS next week though hopefully! Where in TW r u?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

We're @ the Highlander on James Street, it's like living in a cave; one window @ the front, one @ the back...I'm getting cabin fever! Moving to KS next week though hopefully! Where in TW r u?
Hi Jenny
I will send you an email on fb
Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.