Toowong

Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Toowong

Have been looking online at real estate tonight in Toowong. Appears to be a nice area close to the centre of Brisbane and ok as far as prices are concerned. Does anyone have any info on the area?

Debbie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toowong

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Have been looking online at real estate tonight in Toowong. Appears to be a nice area close to the centre of Brisbane and ok as far as prices are concerned. Does anyone have any info on the area?

Debbie
Don't make a right.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Don't make a right.
beat me to it
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Don't make a right.

Eh...why?!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie
Hi brissy deb
Toowong's a lovely area. As far as prices... way out of our league!
If I had the money, I'd definately think of living in Toowong. It's close to the botanical Gardens and Mount Coot-tha. Very hilly, as most of the old suburbs are, close to the city. Some family friends live in Bardon (just next to Toowong) and they have a kick ass view of the city from there.
J.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Toowongs don't make a right
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:58 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Both me and the other half love that area (Toowong, Taringa, Indooroopilly etc) and if we could afford a place we would move there in a heart beat. We rented in Taringa when we first arrived close to the city with good road and rail links and good shopping.

Debbie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

northlakesoptom is an unknown quantity at this point

Toowong was the first place we lived when we arrived in Brisbane (from Bradford via Hobart) in 1992. Yep, it's hilly and full of old Queenslanders (that's the houses not the people). My problem with it apart from the cost was that being West of the City, travel to the coasts is more difficult. Also, space is at a premium - one of my reasons for leaving the yUK was to find a place with more open spaces. I'd suggest going a little further North to more recently established suburbs, to get more space and easier access to other areas; but then as I live in Albany Creek and work at North Lakes, I would say that wouldn't I?
These days I only go to Toowong if I'm on my way to my brother's place in Toowoomba or if I have to go to Indooroopilly for some reason.
If you do end up in Toowong I recommed Dos Amigos Mexican resturant in Taringa.
Hope this helps!
Have fun house Hunting!
Simon
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northlakesoptom
Toowong was the first place we lived when we arrived in Brisbane (from Bradford via Hobart) in 1992. Yep, it's hilly and full of old Queenslanders (that's the houses not the people). My problem with it apart from the cost was that being West of the City, travel to the coasts is more difficult. Also, space is at a premium - one of my reasons for leaving the yUK was to find a place with more open spaces. I'd suggest going a little further North to more recently established suburbs, to get more space and easier access to other areas; but then as I live in Albany Creek and work at North Lakes, I would say that wouldn't I?
These days I only go to Toowong if I'm on my way to my brother's place in Toowoomba or if I have to go to Indooroopilly for some reason.
If you do end up in Toowong I recommed Dos Amigos Mexican resturant in Taringa.
Hope this helps!
Have fun house Hunting!
Simon
Sorry to go off the subject, but...
Hey! Matt's from Bradford and he used to work at Vision Express at the White Rose Centre! Optical Lab Technician tho, and not in 1992.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:36 am
Just Joined

northlakesoptom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jenny & Matt
Wow, small world!
I know a few people who have worked at VE White Rose. I was back in Bradford 2002-2005. So is Matt still in the optical industry here or?

Sorry folks, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but you know what it's like, right?

Simon
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:26 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Toowong is a lovely suburb with lots of lovely older houses, plenty of infrastructure, great transport links, close to the city & plenty of shopping/cafes/restuarants etc.

Downsides are that there are also alot of unit & stratatitle developments, lots of students who go to nearby University of Qld & the block sizes even on the older houses are very small (usually 400sqm or there abouts).