Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for you Woman?

Question for you Woman?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for you Woman?

For all those who use the washing machine, can someone explain to me why my white new bras always come out of the machine Grey!!!

Also anything white like knickers, socks etc...all go greyish after a couple of washes!!!

What is the secret to keeping them WHITE.

All answers appreciated
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:48 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for you Woman?

A good splash of battery acid brings them up a treat. Always keep some round the house as you never know when it'll come in handy.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:53 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

(1) Napisan in wash
(2) Buy UK powder at great expense in UK shops or get it shipped
(3) buy a better washing machine (front loader high spin speed)
(4) Pre soak in whitener
(5) soak in industrial bleach - do that to kids socks!

I have resorted to all of the above apart from 3 I am waiting for current machine to break down. Hubby is a great fixer though and has mended it three times I am thinking of washing car parts in it and nobbling it that way.

The thing I am really fed up with is the grease spots that I cannot get out of my clothes - anyone recommend a stain remover that really works please

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:14 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sandra
(1) Napisan in wash
(2) Buy UK powder at great expense in UK shops or get it shipped
(3) buy a better washing machine (front loader high spin speed)
(4) Pre soak in whitener
(5) soak in industrial bleach - do that to kids socks!

I have resorted to all of the above apart from 3 I am waiting for current machine to break down. Hubby is a great fixer though and has mended it three times I am thinking of washing car parts in it and nobbling it that way.

The thing I am really fed up with is the grease spots that I cannot get out of my clothes - anyone recommend a stain remover that really works please

Cheers
My mum used to have a knicker drawer that looked like she had new knickers everyday where as mine would go all grey and horrible. Her secret only whites in the wash no colours at all (not even a smidge of colours) pre soak in a nappy bin with washing powder and a bit of bleach - I can remember this as a kid we had to chuck all of our white stuff in a bucket which sat in the bathroom.

Do I do all of this....erm.....NO I'm way to lazy for that so just go out and marry a rich man who doesn't mind if you only wear your bra and knickers once or better still don't wear any :scared:

Sasha