Tools

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tools

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hoping for WA but at the very early stages yet. Got to do TRA next, how about you?
Just submitted tra to agent also planning on wa probably northern suburbs of perth
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:34 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
Just submitted tra to agent also planning on wa probably northern suburbs of perth
Hi leechy100

Just sent you pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Great idea about putting the tools in the dishwasher, but will they get rusty doing that?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:08 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macker
Hi,

Great idea about putting the tools in the dishwasher, but will they get rusty doing that?

no just remove soap and add oil and put on hot wash
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by connollys.home
no just remove soap and add oil and put on hot wash
Sorry Connollys, are you saying don't put soap into dishwasher and add oil (what do you mean by add oil ).
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:21 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macker
Sorry Connollys, are you saying don't put soap into dishwasher and add oil (what do you mean by add oil ).
Dishwasher on a normal cycle will clean most hand tools spotlessly. The heat setting ensures no rust. I just took mine out and wiped them with an oily rag. AQIS aren't concerned with a little rust on hand tools or a coating of light oil it's soil/organic stuff that has them doing cartwheels.

Regarding 110v tools when I came out in 2003 I couldn't get the transformer tested and tagged rendering all my tools useless. I did read a post from a guy down on the gold coast who had no trouble getting a test and tag on his transformer just last year so it may be advisable to bring them if your heading to QLD and have room in the container.
Have a look at the regs for yourselves http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ghts/index.htm
Just looking for a link to the post I'm referring to, will post it if I find it
EDIT:
Here it is including the number of the guy who tests the 110 v tools
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=110v+tools

Last edited by cresta57; Jan 23rd 2006 at 1:32 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cresta57
Dishwasher on a normal cycle will clean most hand tools spotlessly. The heat setting ensures no rust. I just took mine out and wiped them with an oily rag. AQIS aren't concerned with a little rust on hand tools or a coating of light oil it's soil/organic stuff that has them doing cartwheels.

Regarding 110v tools when I came out in 2003 I couldn't get the transformer tested and tagged rendering all my tools useless. I did read a post from a guy down on the gold coast who had no trouble getting a test and tag on his transformer just last year so it may be advisable to bring them if your heading to QLD and have room in the container.
Have a look at the regs for yourselves http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ghts/index.htm
Just looking for a link to the post I'm referring to, will post it if I find it
EDIT:
Here it is including the number of the guy who tests the 110 v tools
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=110v+tools
Thanks for that Cresta. I guess then that the best way to do things is bring all hand tools and cordless and buy new power tools when you get to Australia (to minimise hassle!!)??
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:23 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

We're heading for Melbourne in about 10 weeks and have been advised to take hand tools, cordless tools and sell the rest and buy new out there. Hubby now rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of new tools. Cant say it does much for me, so it must be a man-thing!!

And hes definately not putting his grubby tools anywhere near my dishwasher :scared: :scared: wet wipes and a towel will do him nicely

Jo
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joanne
We're heading for Melbourne in about 10 weeks and have been advised to take hand tools, cordless tools and sell the rest and buy new out there. Hubby now rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of new tools. Cant say it does much for me, so it must be a man-thing!!

And hes definately not putting his grubby tools anywhere near my dishwasher :scared: :scared: wet wipes and a towel will do him nicely

Jo
My husbands the exact same about buying new tools!!!! Don't mind about washing tools in the dishwasher - will be selling it off anyway!!!
lol