Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2nd dreaded phonecall......

2nd dreaded phonecall......

Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2nd dreaded phonecall......

blimey, how much bad news can you take
mum was discharged from hospital this week, managing without oxygen up to this point. as she was still quite chesty and debillitated, and because of the building work going on in her house, we decided it would be better if she went to stay with her sister down near nuneaton.
thursday morning, i got the phonecall......mum has had a major stroke and was rushed to a hospital in nuneaton.

feelings of horror at what i saw..........i almost wished she hadnt survived as i know the utter despair she would feel at having to live like this. ct confirmed it was an infarct on the left side of her brain - we are now playing a waiting game to see how much recovery she gets with her right side, if any, and more to the point if she survives

lifes a bitch
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd dreaded phonecall......

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
mum was discharged from hospital this week, managing without oxygen up to this point. as she was still quite chesty and debillitated, and because of the building work going on in her house, we decided it would be better if she went to stay with her sister down near nuneaton.
thursday morning, i got the phonecall......mum has had a major stroke and was rushed to a hospital in nuneaton.

feelings of horror at what i saw..........i almost wished she hadnt survived as i know the utter despair she would feel at having to live like this. ct confirmed it was an infarct on the left side of her brain - we are now playing a waiting game to see how much recovery she gets with her right side, if any, and more to the point if she survives

lifes a bitch
Oh Dear Sue.

Not much I can say

Hope things work out for the best.

Look after yourself.

G
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

lifes a bitch

Sorry to hear about your Mum. Take care

Wendy x
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bugger Not much to say but hope for the best. Sorry Sue.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:21 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Oh Sue honey. Truly sorry that you are having this shit time. Big big hugs my love.

Anne xx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your mum Sue
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:05 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

lifes a bitch
SO so sorry to hear that, really feel for you. I hope the waiting brings better news. Puts our problems into perspective. Best wishes Angie & Martin
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:12 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

lifes a bitch

Soo Sorry Sue

Take Care be strong!!

Big Hugs!!

Kris xx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:09 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Thought and prayers go to you and your family, very best wishes.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:16 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

lifes a bitch

Sue,so sorry to hear your news.
Really dont know what to say

Take Care all x x

Donna.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:24 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Sue like the others I dont know what to say, only that my thoughts are with you. Hope you get some good news re your mum.

Kay x
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Best wishes for your mum Sue, I know it can be a long hard road but you would be surprised how good recovery can be.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

That's so awful Sue.

Am thinking of your mum, you and your family. x
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:33 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine the tough time you are going through but my thoughts are with you.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you and hoping you have some positive news.

Alison & Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.