Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Today's the day our lives change!

Today's the day our lives change!

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:18 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all
Thumbs up Today's the day our lives change!

Well...

It's started...
After weeks of planning, talking and reading this forum, we have finally taken the plunge!
The forms have been filled (TRA) - the photos taken - the fees paid - the documents safely posted!

Yep, today is the beginning of a new adventure in our lives!
My wife, son and I have taken the first step towards a new life in Australia :scared:

We didn't use the services of an agent, as my sister has received her Australian Visa, and told us that the TRA is the best way forward! She talked us through the process, and it didn't seem so daunting - Just collating all the relevant experience and certificates (no worries we thought, go for it!!)

Our nerves were jangling when the fees were being paid out from our bank this morning, and they got really bad when the post office stuck the official postage on the rather fat envelope!

We were put at ease tho, when the post office worker at the counter said "Would the last person leaving the country, please turn out the light!"

I asked him if he got many requests to send TRAs to Australia, the look on his face told us everything! (loads apparently!)

Today is also my wifes birthday, so we have a lot of celebrating to be getting on with! (this is one birthday we shall never forget in a hurry!)

We will keep everyone updated on our journey, highlighting the highs (and no doubt lows)

Wish us luck everyone! -
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Today's the day our lives change!

All the very best to you all. It does feel good to have that first step taken doesn't it.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK

And many HAPPY RETURNS Mrs nakered
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:43 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all

Originally Posted by conat
All the very best to you all. It does feel good to have that first step taken doesn't it.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK

And many HAPPY RETURNS Mrs nakered
HoHoHo! - Thanks Conat - that really made the missus chuckle!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:49 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nakered
Good luck
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

enjoy your celebrations
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Well...

It's started...
After weeks of planning, talking and reading this forum, we have finally taken the plunge!
The forms have been filled (TRA) - the photos taken - the fees paid - the documents safely posted!

My wife, son and I have taken the first step towards a new life in Australia :scared:

We didn't use the services of an agent, as my sister has received her Australian Visa, and told us that the TRA is the best way forward! She talked us through the process, and it didn't seem so daunting - Just collating all the relevant experience and certificates (no worries we thought, go for it!!)

Our nerves were jangling when the fees were being paid out from our bank this morning, and they got really bad when the post office stuck the official postage on the rather fat envelope!

We were put at ease tho, when the post office worker at the counter said "Would the last person leaving the country, please turn out the light!"

I asked him if he got many requests to send TRAs to Australia, the look on his face told us everything! (loads apparently!)

Today is also my wifes birthday, so we have a lot of celebrating to be getting on with! (this is one birthday we shall never forget in a hurry!)

We will keep everyone updated on our journey, highlighting the highs (and no doubt lows)

Wish us luck everyone! -
Let's hope it all goes OK for you, you've saved yourselves a fortune not using an agent. Enjoy the beer ... have you put your house up for sale yet or are you waiting for the visa? They all say the visa is the easy part ... then you've got to sell your house. Good luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:17 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Let's hope it all goes OK for you, you've saved yourselves a fortune not using an agent. Enjoy the beer ... have you put your house up for sale yet or are you waiting for the visa? They all say the visa is the easy part ... then you've got to sell your house. Good luck!
Thanx Britishaussie!
We're gonna rent out our house, and start afresh! - Plenty of equity in our home, so we're gonna remortgage, and use the extra funds to set ourselves up in Aus. -
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:21 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Well...

It's started...

Wish us luck everyone! -
best of luck with your venture nakered. I hope it all goes very smoothly for you. Where are you heading?

Oh and happy birthday to Mrs Nakered.....enjoy your celebrations!

Jackie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:54 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Smile Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
best of luck with your venture nakered. I hope it all goes very smoothly for you. Where are you heading?

Oh and happy birthday to Mrs Nakered.....enjoy your celebrations!

Jackie
Thank you very much!
We're looking at Brisbane (that's where my sister and her family are heading)

Mrs Nakered finds all this very amusing, we should really introduce ourselves properly!

Mr.Nakered - Neill
Mrs Nakered - Simone
Master Nakered - Alex (13)

Cheers! -
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:11 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much!
We're looking at Brisbane (that's where my sister and her family are heading)

Mrs Nakered finds all this very amusing, we should really introduce ourselves properly!

Mr.Nakered - Neill
Mrs Nakered - Simone
Master Nakered - Alex (13)

Cheers! -
Hey Mr N !!

We have been what you are going through right now....

All very exciting ! Keep posting on here and asking questions, there is a wealth of knowledge on these pages and if I can help in anyway I will.

We applied for our TRA in Jan 06, we had our Visa in June 06 and we leave in 28 days for Australia....

Good luck with the application mate, fingers x for you..

Nick
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:18 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Good Luck with your TRA and the rest of the journey!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:22 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Well...

It's started...

Wish us luck everyone! -
Good Luck with your application,hope it all runs smoothly.

Todays a good day for us too as we have accepted an offer on our house so we should be in Oz fairly soon!
Cant Wait!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:43 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Wink Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Originally Posted by nick72
Hey Mr N !!

We have been what you are going through right now....

All very exciting ! Keep posting on here and asking questions, there is a wealth of knowledge on these pages and if I can help in anyway I will.

We applied for our TRA in Jan 06, we had our Visa in June 06 and we leave in 28 days for Australia....

Good luck with the application mate, fingers x for you..

Nick
Thanx Nick - The excitement of posting off the TRA was scary enuff, just think what'll be like when the TRA gets the OK - aaargh! - good stuff tho innit!
What line of work did your TRA cover you for?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:44 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Wink Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Good Luck with your TRA and the rest of the journey!
Thanx - The amount of feed back we are getting already is really encouraging - It's like everyone is "holding our hand!"
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:46 pm
Lets get outta here!!

Thumbs up Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Originally Posted by brido
Good Luck with your application,hope it all runs smoothly.

Todays a good day for us too as we have accepted an offer on our house so we should be in Oz fairly soon!
Cant Wait!!!
oooh lucky you! - where abouts in Aus are you thinking of moving to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.