Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Today's the day our lives change!

Today's the day our lives change!

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Today's the day our lives change!

Originally Posted by nakered
Hello - I was assessed as a motor mechanic (4211-11)

Sooooo, happy at the mo, can't believe it! - it's going so smooth at the mo! (I know it won't last tho - hoho!)
Congratulations - you lucky things!

We feel we've made a HUGE mistake employing an agent to help us with our application. We believed he'd sent off our skills assessment a month ago - he hasn't Only now that we are chasing him has he got his finger out. Waste of money at the moment...... I'm hoping it will get better but am beginning to lose confidence - hey, ho!!

Anyway, congrats again. Leave space for us on Cloud 9, hope it's not long before we're there with you!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your TRA. Feels good doesn't it.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:14 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Congratulations - you lucky things!

We feel we've made a HUGE mistake employing an agent to help us with our application. We believed he'd sent off our skills assessment a month ago - he hasn't Only now that we are chasing him has he got his finger out. Waste of money at the moment...... I'm hoping it will get better but am beginning to lose confidence - hey, ho!!

Anyway, congrats again. Leave space for us on Cloud 9, hope it's not long before we're there with you!

We took a chance at not getting an agency involved, as my brother-in-law did it by himself (Air Conditioning Engineer) - and he made it look so easy, so we thought why not!!
As long as your trade is on the MODL list, and you have the relevant certification and experience, it really is plain sailing!

I dunno if i'll be a motor mechanic in oz, just wanted to get the TRA bit outta the way.and p'raps take up a job offer in a diferent field, who knows?!

As anyone will tell ya, cloud nine, has plenty of room - and it's called Australia!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Congrats on sending the TRA

Hubby in the same boat, doesn't htink he wants to go back on the tools when he moves, feels like a challange!!!

TRA going through quick so here is hoping it wont take too long for your reply.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Thanx - The amount of feed back we are getting already is really encouraging - It's like everyone is "holding our hand!"
Steady on now - no touching allowed!!
Seriously though, good luck with the TRA!
Tracy x
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

[I can understand why you want to leave Chigwell. My mum rang me this morning (late at night in UK) and she had been waiting for the police for four hours as about 50 rotten kids had been terrorising the local neighbourhood for weeks by lighting fires. Since they had run out of fire wood they decided to smash down my parents and their neighbours fences to use. It is a shame as they are Seniors and they are frightened. It is a sad state of affairs when the police dont bother to turn up. They live in Chigwell
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much!
We're looking at Brisbane (that's where my sister and her family are heading)

Mrs Nakered finds all this very amusing, we should really introduce ourselves properly!

Mr.Nakered - Neill
Mrs Nakered - Simone
Master Nakered - Alex (13)

Cheers! -
Welcome to the nakereds. By the time you finish you'll be the totally F***ED. All the best
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Welcome to the nakereds. By the time you finish you'll be the totally F***ED. All the best

PMSL
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:33 am
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough

Well...

It's started...
After weeks of planning, talking and reading this forum, we have finally taken the plunge!
The forms have been filled (TRA) - the photos taken - the fees paid - the documents safely posted!

Yep, today is the beginning of a new adventure in our lives!
My wife, son and I have taken the first step towards a new life in Australia :scared:

We didn't use the services of an agent, as my sister has received her Australian Visa, and told us that the TRA is the best way forward! She talked us through the process, and it didn't seem so daunting - Just collating all the relevant experience and certificates (no worries we thought, go for it!!)

Our nerves were jangling when the fees were being paid out from our bank this morning, and they got really bad when the post office stuck the official postage on the rather fat envelope!

We were put at ease tho, when the post office worker at the counter said "Would the last person leaving the country, please turn out the light!"

I asked him if he got many requests to send TRAs to Australia, the look on his face told us everything! (loads apparently!)

Today is also my wifes birthday, so we have a lot of celebrating to be getting on with! (this is one birthday we shall never forget in a hurry!)

We will keep everyone updated on our journey, highlighting the highs (and no doubt lows)

Wish us luck everyone! -
Here's to wishing you the very best of luck and hope all your dreams are fulfilled! We are also in the process of applying directly to the TRA, and would very much appreciate your help in going through the process. Kindly reply if you could help
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:07 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

:scared:
Just a quick update on the TRA application

We received a letter from Canberra last weekend, saying that they have received our application.
Judging by the postmark, we tried to work out how long into the assessment process we may be.

Well, the postman has just delivered another (rather large) letter from Canberra. So with nervous trepidation, the letter was duly opened and the printed words blurted out...............

......."I wish to advise that the assessment has been completed taken all information into account and you were SUCCESSFUL"

Oh my lordy! - were on our way, the TRA has been a success, next step VISA then.... ta ta England, nice knowing ya!

So from posting the application (02/10/2006) to now (03/11/2006) TRA sorted!!!!!

Tonight it's (and a curry too!) wahey!

(can you tell that we are excited somewhat?)

Neill, Simone and Alex

congrats, great feeling hey. we got positive tra ( no agent) back in august for hubby as bricklayer (couldnt stop running around the kitchen when opened letter) hes self employed so had to send soooooooo much stuff.
good luck with your app and remember to check and check again and you'll be fine

traceyx
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:39 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Thank you very much!
We're looking at Brisbane (that's where my sister and her family are heading)

Mrs Nakered finds all this very amusing, we should really introduce ourselves properly!

Mr.Nakered - Neill
Mrs Nakered - Simone
Master Nakered - Alex (13)

Cheers! -
Hope all goes well for you we sent off TRA the other day,well agent did
costing a fortune the other poster was sure right.
Good luck Mr & Mrs nakered
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Well...

It's started...
After weeks of planning, talking and reading this forum, we have finally taken the plunge!
The forms have been filled (TRA) - the photos taken - the fees paid - the documents safely posted!

Yep, today is the beginning of a new adventure in our lives!
My wife, son and I have taken the first step towards a new life in Australia :scared:

We didn't use the services of an agent, as my sister has received her Australian Visa, and told us that the TRA is the best way forward! She talked us through the process, and it didn't seem so daunting - Just collating all the relevant experience and certificates (no worries we thought, go for it!!)

Our nerves were jangling when the fees were being paid out from our bank this morning, and they got really bad when the post office stuck the official postage on the rather fat envelope!

We were put at ease tho, when the post office worker at the counter said "Would the last person leaving the country, please turn out the light!"

I asked him if he got many requests to send TRAs to Australia, the look on his face told us everything! (loads apparently!)

Today is also my wifes birthday, so we have a lot of celebrating to be getting on with! (this is one birthday we shall never forget in a hurry!)

We will keep everyone updated on our journey, highlighting the highs (and no doubt lows)

Wish us luck everyone! -
Good luck to you on your journey, its a tough one but worth it in the end (I think)

Cheers

Jay
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough

Wish you all the best mate, happy birthday to your wife. We leave on Sunday for a GR8 life ahead. TRA was a Breeze as is the MIRA as they just dot the I`s and cross the T`s. As for the Medical aslong as you havent HIV etc etc you are o

All the best with your application mate
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:39 pm
Lets get outta here!!

nakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to allnakered is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Today's the day our lives change!

On a sad note, my son Alex, got mugged yesterday while waiting for a bus with his mates.

He had a nice day ice skating, and was due to come home when the mugging occured - took his money (couple of quid) and his new mobile phone (which he bought with his birthday money at the start of December '06)

Absolutely gutted, poor sod!
If we needed anymore reasons to leave this god-forsaken island!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

On a sad note, my son Alex, got mugged yesterday while waiting for a bus with his mates.

He had a nice day ice skating, and was due to come home when the mugging occured - took his money (couple of quid) and his new mobile phone (which he bought with his birthday money at the start of December '06)

Absolutely gutted, poor sod!
If we needed anymore reasons to leave this god-forsaken island!

OMG poor mite
We'd feel the same way if anything happened to our eldest who is also 13 on New Years Day.
Hope he's not too shaken up by this bad experience.
I guess there are more reasons now for applying for the visas!!
Good luck with applying and hope your son is ok!!

Diane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.