Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tips for newbies- birth certificates!

Tips for newbies- birth certificates!

Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:38 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Tips for newbies- birth certificates!

Just had an email from our agent, they need a birth certificate for our daughter stating we are her parents, the full one! Another £7! Just thought Iwould post this so others starting can get it right first time! Seen lots of threads regarding if I can send this original as it will state " certified copy" or will I have to palm a soliciter a bundle for his signature? Any updates on this?
In my next life I am going to come back as on!!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:57 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for newbies- birth certificates!

Originally Posted by vivi
Just had an email from our agent, they need a birth certificate for our daughter stating we are her parents, the full one! Another £7! Just thought Iwould post this so others starting can get it right first time! Seen lots of threads regarding if I can send this original as it will state " certified copy" or will I have to palm a soliciter a bundle for his signature? Any updates on this?
In my next life I am going to come back as on!!
Nope... Don't send the original, cos you'll never see it again. Make a copy & get it certified. You don't need to use a solicitor. They'll just rip you off.
A local Justice of the Peace will do just as well. (You can get a list of JP's from the Citizens Advice office)

We had about 70 documents to sign, and the JP we used charged us nothing.
We did go round to his house the next day with a nice bottle of Malt Whisky though.

Cheers.... John....
Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:07 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scossie
Nope... Don't send the original, cos you'll never see it again. Make a copy & get it certified. You don't need to use a solicitor. They'll just rip you off.
A local Justice of the Peace will do just as well. (You can get a list of JP's from the Citizens Advice office)

We had about 70 documents to sign, and the JP we used charged us nothing.
We did go round to his house the next day with a nice bottle of Malt Whisky though.

Cheers.... John....
Thanks John, I do have another certificate, but it is just the standard one, so I thought it would be easier to send of the certified copy! What do ya think?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:15 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks John, I do have another certificate, but it is just the standard one, so I thought it would be easier to send of the certified copy! What do ya think?

Any English birth cert (dont know if it is the same all over the Uk) you have will have "certified copy" on it as it is a certified copy of what is in the registery book at the registrar of births, deaths and mariages.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:22 pm
vivi

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Any English birth cert (dont know if it is the same all over the Uk) you have will have "certified copy" on it as it is a certified copy of what is in the registery book at the registrar of births, deaths and mariages.
Thanks Jay dee, yes it should have certified copy on it. By the way what are you doing up so early! Here it is blooming cold and blowing a gale, just had to weight the cat down so he doesn't get blown away!!
ViVi
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:23 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks Jay dee, yes it should have certified copy on it. By the way what are you doing up so early! Here it is blooming cold and blowing a gale, just had to weight the cat down so he doesn't get blown away!!
ViVi
stupidly I am not up0 so early I just haven;t quite made it to bed yet!!!

also blowing a gale here, just a bit of a hotter gale than over there
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:56 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Does not matter if it says in blood, "Certified By God"!!!!
You MUST make a copy of it, and have the copy independently certified by an appropriate person before sending it off.

It must also be the full certificate. Not the short one.

Do anything less than the 2 things above, and it will definately be rejected!!