Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Times For Container Clearing Customs?

Times For Container Clearing Customs?

Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about
Default Times For Container Clearing Customs?

I have a feeling I know the answer to this question before I even post but I've got to ask...in people's experience, what was the average time for their container to arrive on the doorstep after the vessel landed at the dock? Probably a lottery question I know but I can see a light at the end of our tunnel as our container lands on the 23rd October and I'm missing my bed!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:24 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Times For Container Clearing Customs?

Originally Posted by bigpaul
I have a feeling I know the answer to this question before I even post but I've got to ask...in people's experience, what was the average time for their container to arrive on the doorstep after the vessel landed at the dock? Probably a lottery question I know but I can see a light at the end of our tunnel as our container lands on the 23rd October and I'm missing my bed!!!!!!!!
8 months of the year, can be up to 2 weeks , nov to march any ones guess as AQIS are busy as hell this time of year.............mm
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

This was our recent timeline - very pleased (and surprised !)

Arrival at Port / Airport
16 Sep 08
Completed

Arrival at Wridgways Warehouse
18 Sep 08
Completed

Quarantine Examination
19 Sep 08
Completed

Customs Clearance
24 Sep 08
Completed

Delivery to Residence
26 Sep 08

We actually moved the delivery to 29th Sept as we only just moved into the rental.
Great news for us as well, only the normal customs fee ($280 or so ?)
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:46 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

How long is a piece of string????

It all depends on how many containers have arrived and need to be cleared. Perishable goods are given priority (usually 100 - 150 Reefer Containers per Vessel) and so on.

Personal effects are not usually high priority and can fall way down the list.

The bottom line is it's down to the luck of the draw.

Oh and Christmas and the New Year is a bad time as AQIS closes down for nearly all of it and again priority clearance goes to perishable goods.

Antney